• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

100th Volta Ciclista a Catalunya(2.UWT) - 22nd March - 28th March

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
images

I think he might have been a little bit gassed that time...
That 's possible, but like i said, Campenaerts was in the same break all day and was doing most of the work there. After that, they were both just hanging on to Evenepoel. The stage 3 days earlier where Campenaerts couldn't hold the wheel of Evenepoel, showed that that was far from a comfortable ride for Campenaerts as well. I think it's fair to say Campenaerts was also gassed.

Of course, Kron was only 20 back then, so he might have grown stronger and he might have started focusing more on his sprint as well.

That 's possible, but like i said, Campenaerts was in the same break all day and was doing most of the work there. After that, they were both just hanging on to Evenepoel. The stage 3 days earlier where Campenaerts couldn't hold the wheel of Evenepoel, showed that that was far from a comfortable ride for Campenaerts as well. I think it's fair to say Campenaerts was also gassed.

Of course, Kron was only 20 back then, so he might have grown stronger and he might have started focusing more on his sprint as well.

I don't know what to tell you but evidently that sprint did not say anything about his current sprinting level.

Reactions: search

I think most people are saying that a sprint after being in a break and suffering all day isn't the same as sprinting after a 20km break. Him beating Ulissi last year in Luxembourg was probably a better indication.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS