• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

100th Volta Ciclista a Catalunya(2.UWT) - 22nd March - 28th March

Page 33 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I find it so weird to see how many fans there are. I guess in the summer when there were quite a lot of fans at the gt's it was the public naivety that the pandemic was over and you don't have to be overly careful anymore. But after what happened this fall and winter I really thought there wouldn't be any fans along the road this spring.
Well, outdoors is not really dangerous. Better for people to gather out in the sun than indoors.

Todays stage highlight was Barcelona. And ok De Gendt was great too. I understand now why Roubaix will be postponed. People are stupid. If I live in Barcelona I would be along the course too so I cant judge them though.

They must have relaxed the local lockdown rules as there was a live music concert last night in Barcelona with 5000 people. Not socially distanced but everyone had to take a test and wear a mask.

Sorry but De Gendt bores me. I don't think he's ever won a one day race.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I find it so weird to see how many fans there are. I guess in the summer when there were quite a lot of fans at the gt's it was the public naivety that the pandemic was over and you don't have to be overly careful anymore. But after what happened this fall and winter I really thought there wouldn't be any fans along the road this spring.
Lots of people are vaccinated at this point so that could explain some of it.

hundreds of people meeting outdoors being better than hundreds of people meeting indoors still doesn't make it good.

Yes it does. It substitutes indoor meetings, and it is not just a bit safer -- it is far, far safer to meet outdoors.

Lots of people are vaccinated at this point so that could explain some of it.

Not in Europe (15 % so far and mostly elders).

Reactions: Koronin

TRENDING THREADS