• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

108th Milano - Sanremo, 18th March 2017, 291 km, WT

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Arredondo said:
Pretty good final. Kwiat is such a clever rider: he really is getting much more out of his career then you would expect when analyzing his capacities.

Incredible Sagan today. An absolute beast. Without Kwiat and a poor Van Avermaet, who's going to beat him at Flanders?
Not sure about that; he's up there with Valverde and Sagan as the most talented riders in the peloton imo. He's a guy who could conceivably challenge for and win every monument and top 10 in a GT. Fortunately, looks like he's given up hopes of trying to win a GT to focus on one day races, and has got his mojo back.

I read somewhere he pushed himself too hard the winter before joining Sky and basically his body gave up some time early in the season. The kind of serious overtraining which takes months to recover from; looks like he's got it right this year though.

Re: Re:

Valv.Piti said:
kingjr said:
All you sore losers, please come back when Gerrans wins a race in the fashion Kwiatkowski did on the Strade Bianche.
So much this! Let these ridicolous comparisons stop... Kwito aint no slimy Si Gerro.
100% this. Some of the blubbing is as bad as when Henao won Paris-Nice. Just because the most attacking/entertaining rider finishes 2nd, doesn't make the winner a wheelsucker or unworthy.

jaylew said:
Red Rick said:
jaylew said:
Gigs_98 said:
This outcome was so incredibly obvious.
Really? I thought Alaphillipe would win as he really sat on at the end
There's this thing called intrinsic speed....
I don't believe Kwia to really be any faster than Ala though.[/quote!]

I agree, if you beat someone, you ain't faster than them! LOL

Re: Re:

El Pistolero said:
Gigs_98 said:
El Pistolero said:
TMP402 said:
Classic sour forum. Kwiatkowski is a wheelsucker. We are defining irony.

Well his two wins this year were done by wheelsucking.
What? :lol:

Strade Bianche he was cruising behind a motorbike half of the time (not his fault, but still unfair).
Cruising behind a motorbike. :lol: :lol:

Oh god. Trollest of the highest order. Why don't we have an award for that?