• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

16/04 - 20/04: Tour of the Alps (Giro del Trentino)

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: 16/04 - 20/04: Giro del Trentino

The first objective for Tibopino, the test before Il Giro, and with that new schedule, I am very apprehensive. Last year, Thibaut was great at Trentino (I hate the Alps name). '18 Froome sucks but he's a man of many miracles. This will be an interesting race: I just don't now what to expect.

Laplaz said:
If Bilbao and Visconti can't hang on on the last climb, the favourite should be Pinot in a small group sprint. Or maybe also a finisseur in the last km.
I agree, even though Pinot has been very unconvincing this spring. Depending on his shape, Froome could also do something in a small group sprint. It looks like a small ramp in the end.

Last 800 m today -
stage-1-folgaria.jpg

Edit - add - Roadbook with all info, tourist info etc at
https://tourofthealps.eu/en/roadbook

Re: 16/04 - 20/04: Giro del Trentino

Tonton said:
The first objective for Tibopino, the test before Il Giro, and with that new schedule, I am very apprehensive. Last year, Thibaut was great at Trentino (I hate the Alps name). '18 Froome sucks but he's a man of many miracles. This will be an interesting race: I just don't now what to expect.

I fear that Froome will return to form as it's getting closer and closer to the Giro and he needs to be showing some type of progress in his preparations. He will likely win a couple of stages, one convincingly and take the overall. Aru I can't see really challenging him with the problems and interruptions he's had this year. I don't see anyone else capable of rising to the challenge unless Lopez reaches the level of performance equal to the hype.

TRENDING THREADS