• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2009 Tour of Missouri

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Pretty strong firled. Cavendish and Hushovd renew their battles. Leipheimer is back with the few of winning the race in the TT. Pellizotti who was in 45643 breaks in the TdF is here and Garmin have a strong squad with Vande Velde aiming to win it for a second year in a row.

Meanwhile I quite like George Hincapie's US Champion's jersey. A million times better then the one LL had to wear, who ever designed it should of been shot.

jd_09hincapieport_220.jpg

And the race is in hige finincial problems to still be around next year.

rafael_ms said:
Worse than Leipheimer design was Hamilton design, they only added a few stars to the Rock Racing jersey.

The Hamilton design was not bad, especially the one the team used in England last year. The U.S. champion jerseys are almost always bad, but the Leipheimer design took it to a whole new level of ugly. Hincapie's design looks pretty good when taking into account the flag they have to work with.

May 13, 2009
Visit site
I'm excited about this race. Anyone else see the press conference streamed on the official Tour of Missouri site?

Jens Voigt and Dave Z were funny as usual. :)

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
I just got home from the Tour of Missouri Stage 1. Nice crowd and they even commented about how when it was mentioned that the tour may not happen they were overwhelmed with calls and e-mails from all over the world in support of it. Thanks for all who contacted them. I got some good pics with a lot of riders. Leipheimer, Voigt, Pellizotti, Hushovd and Hincappie to name a few.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Man Cavendish swears like a wharfie (that's some Australian slang for you). Upon winning a new motor bike and asked if he would share it with his team-mates, he responded with: "F*** 'em".

Jul 18, 2009
Visit site
Very tongue in cheek tho!

Yeah, what was it with the camera position at the end. Right behind all the media and pogs :mad:. The shot went from Cav coming off Thor's wheel at about 200m to go, to a row of backsides and no view of the finish line. I started shouting "Get out of the way" at my computer and woke up the kids!

Four Winds said:
Very tongue in cheek tho!

Yeah, what was it with the camera position at the end. Right behind all the media and pogs :mad:. The shot went from Cav coming off Thor's wheel at about 200m to go, to a row of backsides and no view of the finish line. I started shouting "Get out of the way" at my computer and woke up the kids!

Agreed. Very poor camera positioning - or crowd control.

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
Kingsley A said:
A second win for Cav, coming off the back of Thor's wheel and beating him by more than a length.

Cav had a crappy lead out but took Thor's wheel and went right on pass. Can this guy be beat when Cav is on his game?