• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2011 Vuelta a Espana, Stage 16: Villa Romana La Olmeda (Palencia) - Haro, 180km

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Scirea said:
But how he dared to do something that was bad for Sky? Horrible, HORRIBLE act.
I think it's a pretty horrible act to waste energy on a bonus sprint for no reason whatsoever other than to reduce Froome's chances of winning, a result that of which should not have any impact on his team's results. I mean Haussler hasn't exactly had a spectacular season so I was hoping he'd find a better way to spend his energy :p

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
maltiv said:
I think it's a pretty horrible act to waste energy on a bonus sprint for no reason whatsoever other than to reduce Froome's chances of winning, a result that of which should not have any impact on his team's results. I mean Haussler hasn't exactly had a spectacular season so I was hoping he'd find a better way to spend his energy :p

Why do you care how he spends his energy? :) I think he knows what's the reason for his acts. I don't see anything wrong with it and i guess nobody do except the Sky fanboys.:)

Scirea said:
I didn't read any Sky fanboys asking why Poels dragged Froome up on Anglirú when he appeared to be cooked.
You can't drag anyone up Angliru, the speeds are so low that the effect of drafting is practically zero. Also, I'm not a Sky fan and this is a completely different situation. It's easier to make sense out of Poels pulling on Angliru (think it through, it's not very hard!) than to make sense out of Haussler sprinting for a bonus sprint.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
maltiv said:
I care because I'm a fan of Haussler, not Sky...

Well, Haussler got some money for his team with that sprint. That should be enough reason. Looks like he thought he wouldn't be a factor in a bunch sprint and imo he knows himself pretty well.

I am rooting for Wiggins/Froome, but I don't see anything wrong with what Haussler did. Whether he got an "unofficial" bonus or his legs just felt twitchy or he was bored, it's well within his rights to take the points and I don't think it cost him much energy at all.

Scirea said:
Well, Haussler got some money for his team with that sprint. That should be enough reason. Looks like he thought he wouldn't be a factor in a bunch sprint and imo he knows himself pretty well.
Third place in an intermediate sprint earns oneself the astonishing number of 25 euros :p

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
maltiv said:
Third place in an intermediate sprint earns oneself the astonishing number of 25 euros :p

25????

are you serious?

well, here in Portugal, most people earn 450 as salary just like my parents.
We are sick and tired of watching those spanish biebers always looking that they have a bad life when their minimum mensal wage is the double of ours and their products are much cheaper.

so,

25 euros? really?