• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Giro Di Lombardia 29/09/2012

Tomorrow this year's route will be announced . It will start from Bergamo and finish in Lecco, but it's still unknown whether it'll be changed significantly or not.
I do hope it will be changed. Last year there was too much flat between climbs.

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
burning said:
In last few years, a lot of outsiders won monuments, I think this will go to one of outsiders as well

Outsiders have been doing rather well this year, I think a favorite will finally come away with it.

Parrulo said:
well that's only 174k long :eek: and way too much flat btw sormano and the next climb imo
It's 174 kms because I'm too lazy to map the start :eek: You can add whatever you want before.
And, actually, there's no way to reduce the flat between Sormano and Ghisallo.
You can do Ghisallo and then Sormano, without flat in between, but then you are far away from Lecco :eek:

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Eshnar said:
Tomorrow this year's route will be announced . It will start from Bergamo and finish in Lecco, but it's still unknown whether it'll be changed significantly or not.
I do hope it will be changed. Last year there was too much flat between climbs.

Well it will have to be changed a bit if it's coming from Bergamo and not Milan. I'm sure one day soon it will finish in Bergamo and use that cobbled hill again.

I guess the only thing that's for sure in Lombardia is the Ghisallo will be there somewhere.

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Uran uran.

Sad to see this not be last race of the season though.

I thought this at first, but now I'm warming to it being a bit earlier, just a week after the Worlds. The only thing that bothers me is what effect it will have on Emilia - we'll have to see. For me this now means the season ends at Paris-Tours... it's still a traditional race so I guess I can live with that.

Parrulo said:
Ofc not, the GdL goes over HC mountains so he has no chance

I dont think Canc will ever focus on Lombardia, but lets say Lombardia was the worlds course, would Fabian not have a chance?

I mean are people like Gilbert or Greg Van Avermaet neccesarly so much better in the mountains than Canc? Yeah they have done very good in the Ardennes classics but Canc has never tried them really and on those occasions he peaks for a one day race more suited to climbers (Beijing, Mendrisio) he has proved hisself as good as these guys.

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
img_altimetria2012.jpg

:eek:

Muro di Sormano is huge. 2k @ 15%.

TRENDING THREADS