• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Road World Championships, Mens Road Race Maastricht - Valkenburg 267 km 23/09/12

Page 36 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Degenkolb showing that he's surely a future world champ too. Congrats to Phillipe though. Just blitzed everyone really. I still really want to see him vs. Sagan while both are in top form.

Der Effe said:
Hahaha where is Descender now with his awful comments about the course? What a race people, what a race. Gilbert, truly phenomenal. Also nice ride by Boom, finally starting to show he's a great rider this season. With some extra dedication he'll be on fire the coming years.

Wait, the race was great? Ok, thanks you tell me, I don't agree. It developed nicely until 4 laps from the finish. Last 50km was just waiting for the yearly AGR Cauberg sprint, only in September.

Congrats to Gilbert, he made it look easy. A great way to win and also to prove any doubters wrong.
I like Gilbert and i wanted him to win ( along with Moser/ Boonen because of my CQ and Gerrans ). Therefore i am doubly happy Man U also beat Liverpool.
On another note i am unhappy that the Australians somehow lagged behind approaching the climb.

Arnout said:
Wait, the race was great? Ok, thanks you tell me, I don't agree. It developed nicely until 4 laps from the finish. Last 50km was just waiting for the yearly AGR Cauberg sprint, only in September.

indeed, the last part of the race was massively disappointing, i guess that's what one get's when there is only 1 real attacking point on the whole circuit :eek: