• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Road World Championships, Mens Road Race Maastricht - Valkenburg 267 km 23/09/12

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Yeah he might be good but I don't think he can win, I think a small group will sprint for the win.

I don't really care for the win, he needs to have a superday and be extremely lucky to win it, very unlikely.

I just want him to entertain the race, not like in 2008.

Miburo said:
I don't really care for the win, he needs to have a superday and be extremely lucky to win it, very unlikely.

I just want him to entertain the race, not like in 2008.

Nah he should just ride for his team mates, no need to waste energy and attack to get a 4 second gap and get caught 500 meters later just to "entertain the race". Besides there will be dozens of others doing the exact same thing.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Red Rick said:
Didn't watch the race, but you're ininuating on a race that wasn't extra intresting because of Contador being there:eek::eek:

That's not what i said.

I'm just saying that Contador didn't do anything during that race.

Still WC '08 was a disappoinment but not because of Contador of course

it is shouting out for someone who can climb a bit but has a sprint, gerrans but even this could suit bonnen, this years flanders had a run in like this in my view, but bit easier of course. Sagan would win this on tour de france form but not sure he is in that shape anymore, will ride with italy i reckon.

i would hate to see tommy V with the rainbow jersey, i know pulling faces and pretending to be on the limit when on a breakaway it's his thing and 50 year old housewifes love it. but it would be disgraceful to see the world champ doing it :eek:

then again the rainbow jersey was pushed around italy for a little bit last may so people are prolly used to this kind of stuff by now :(

Parrulo said:
i would hate to see tommy V with the rainbow jersey, i know pulling faces and pretending to be on the limit when on a breakaway it's his thing and 50 year old housewifes love it. but it would be disgraceful to see the world champ doing it :eek:

then again the rainbow jersey was pushed around italy for a little bit last may so people are prolly used to this kind of stuff by now :(

IcK! Voeckler in the rainbow stripes? I shudder at the thought.

zapata said:
I think Sagan will take it. I'm no fan; in fact I genuinely dislike him, but he's certain to wear the rainbow jersey a lot, and I can't see why he won't start tomorrow.

He's a rider for the times who'll bring new young fans into the sport.He's worth having for that alone never mind being great to watch.Each to their own though,what riders people like is a personal view, so fair enough.

TRENDING THREADS