• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Tirreno -Adriatico, Stage 4:Amelia - Chieti: 252km

Page 17 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Kwibus said:
Probably, but I'm really starting to doubt if he will be as dominant as he was last year.

Unless he really is holding back. Let's see what happens :)

Not for San Remo and the Ronde(although he was third there as well in 2009 where he was even worse than now in the early season), but he'll be very strong for the Ardennes again.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
:facepalm: do I have to explain all. voigt can win a stage here and there yeah. but horner can win classics, big stage races and I hope to se ehim really shine in a gt without injury

Voigt has gotten closer to a classic win than Horner ever will be ;)

Ryo Hazuki said:
:facepalm: do I have to explain all. voigt can win a stage here and there yeah. but horner can win classics, big stage races and I hope to se ehim really shine in a gt without injury

"but horner can win classics" - no, he can't.
"big stage races" - no, he can't (and don't bring up Califonia here. No one gave a crap about that silly race)
" I hope to se ehim really shine in a gt" - doubt that to happen.

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
Everyone would be ****ed if they got chased down by his own team-mates. Everyone made a big fuss about it when Gilbert did it actually.

I still believe Kreuziger would have passed him anyway, with or without Sagan.
But you're right, when Contador did it to Vino everyone including myself were pretty ****ed too

taiwan said:
...So that must put to bed any doubts about Sagan's climbing...

NOPE... If he is anywhere near the front at the end of tomorrow's stage, then we can talk

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Pippo_San said:
http://video.gazzetta.it/parole-siciliano-vittoria-sagan/4908bafc-6ad1-11e1-9525-73962b4a9874

quite obviously Nibali is ****ed at Sagan's move...

"I was stunned (when I saw him pass me)...I looked at who was behind him, and then I tried to get to the finish line...there was nothing left to do...unfortunately Peter is like this, instinctive"

wow. what an idiot. even more reason to dislike nibali. nibali totally forgot kreuziger who he couldn't follow or what?

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Pippo_San said:
http://video.gazzetta.it/parole-siciliano-vittoria-sagan/4908bafc-6ad1-11e1-9525-73962b4a9874

quite obviously Nibali is ****ed at Sagan's move...

"I was stunned (when I saw him pass me)...I looked at who was behind him, and then I tried to get to the finish line...there was nothing left to do...unfortunately Peter is like this, instinctive"

You can look at it another way. Why did Nibali attack when he knew Sagan was the clear favorite to win the stage among the five who reached the top of the climb first? Sagan imo did the right thing, that was his win, Nibali tried to rely on Sagan being a good teammate and let him win, thereby jeopardizing a sure win for Liquigas, but Sagan probably saw it otherwise: Nibali trying to steal an easy win from him.

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU01P-ZNTVE (11:10)

Nibali is the team leader, was in front of the race, Di Luca was chasing him and Sagan goes to catch him, instead of stay in Di Luca's wheel that was what he had to do in that situation. Because Sagan would win the sprint anyway, for the win or for second place, what depended if they could catch Nibali or not.

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
EBH finished 51th today, 59 seconds behind Sagan. Seems however that he had a bit of a bad luck towards the end. From Team Sky's homepage:

"Today was a really long day and a lot happened, with a big moment for us being Edvald's crash with 7k to go. He fell on his shoulder but it's not looking too bad."

Mechanical issues

Boasson Hagen was paced back by team-mates Ian Stannard and Mathew Hayman but the crash had left him with lasting mechanical issues.

Knaven added: "What made it even harder for him after the crash was that his bike was damaged a bit and he had some problems with shifting which didn't help on those steep climbs at the end.

"He gave it everything he had though - it's just a pity as he felt really good and was really motivated to do a good finish today and was right up there on the GC."

FujiAnton said:

Nibali is the team leader, was in front of the race, Di Luca was chasing him and Sagan goes to catch him, instead of stay in Di Luca's wheel that was what he had to do in that situation. Because Sagan would win the sprint anyway, for the win or for second place, what depended if they could catch Nibali or not.

That's the way I see it too...to be honest tho, this situation between them already happened at least 3-4 times during the last year...from what I recall, it happened lately in Oman, before at the Vuelta a Espana, and again before during the 3 Valli Varesine...so I don't know, maybe they like it this way, maybe they don't like each other, who knows...that's quite a funny cycling soap-opera lol...I predict this to happen again sometime soon if they keep on racing at the same races...

Trofinios said:
You can look at it another way. Why did Nibali attack when he knew Sagan was the clear favorite to win the stage among the five who reached the top of the climb first? Sagan imo did the right thing, that was his win, Nibali tried to rely on Sagan being a good teammate and let him win, thereby jeopardizing a sure win for Liquigas, but Sagan probably saw it otherwise: Nibali trying to steal an easy win from him.
Sagan did what he should have done in La Vuelta last year. If he would've attacked earlier, Lastras would've surrendered, and Nibali would've got 2nd.

It's all good, let the kid win. Now he needs to work harder for Nibali in Prati di Tivo, that's all.

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
FujiAnton said:

Sure, Nibali is the team leader, but you have to look at the situation in hole. Here we have the super talanted Sagan, a bit frustated after finishing 4th on stage 2 and 3rd on stage 3, he manages to do an incredible final climb, realizing he is just a minute from an amazing win, which no one really expected on this stage, and after that he is supposed to be tactical and don't do what his mind and body screams him to do, namely win. In a situation like this you have to role with it, and let a force like Sagan do his thing.

TRENDING THREADS