• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Tour de France: Stage 9: Arc-et-Senans → Besançon (ITT) (41.5 km)

2012 Tour de France: Stage 9: Arc-et-Senans → Besançon (ITT) (41.5 km)

A lumpy time trial.

Video Preview

CARTE.jpg

profile-09.jpg

GC Top 20
1 Bradley Wiggins (GBr) Sky Procycling 38:17:56
2 Cadel Evans (Aus) BMC Racing Team 0:00:10
3 Vincenzo Nibali (Ita) Liquigas-Cannondale 0:00:16
4 Denis Menchov (Rus) Katusha Team 0:00:54
5 Haimar Zubeldia Agirre (Spa) RadioShack-Nissan 0:00:59
6 Christopher Froome (GBr) Sky Procycling 0:01:32
7 Maxime Monfort (Bel) RadioShack-Nissan 0:02:08
8 Jurgen Van Den Broeck (Bel) Lotto Belisol Team 0:02:11
9 Nicolas Roche (Irl) AG2R La Mondiale 0:02:21
10 Rein Taaramae (Est) Cofidis, Le Credit En Ligne 0:02:27
11 Tony Gallopin (Fra) RadioShack-Nissan 0:03:13
12 Rui Alberto Faria Da Costa (Por) Movistar Team 0:03:24
13 Thibaut Pinot (Fra) FDJ-Big Mat 0:03:41
14 Christopher Horner (USA) RadioShack-Nissan 0:03:43
15 Frank Schleck (Lux) RadioShack-Nissan 0:03:47
16 Janez Brajkovic (Slo) Astana Pro Team 0:04:03
17 Tejay Van Garderen (USA) BMC Racing Team 0:04:08
18 Ivan Basso (Ita) Liquigas-Cannondale 0:04:12
19 Andreas Klöden (Ger) RadioShack-Nissan 0:04:24
20 Pierre Rolland (Fra) Team Europcar 0:04:26

Weather Forecast - Besançon

Start Times

Contenders - Cancellara, Wiggins, T.Martin? Evans, Froome, Zabriskie, Larsson, Millar, Porte, Rogers, Van Garderen, Westra, Gretsch, Chavanel, Menchov, Leipheimer...

Who will be the winners and losers here?

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
They wont be too serious, the 2nd half is rather straight forward and the first half will not affect the proper time triallists so dont expect it to effect the stage standings too much, though it may aid some of the climbers limit their losses but it is effectively a 41.5km flat TT

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Has to be Cancellara first but Wiggins may run him close, if Martin is in any type of form which I dont think he is then he will come 3rd imo, otherwise I am expecting Rogers to battle it out with Froome to close out the podium. Evans and Menchov I think will both come top 10 and Nibali needs to come top 20 preferably top 15 or even top 10 but considering his previous TT results I dont see that happening. Though he does seem to be in the best form I have ever seen him so far.

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
So evans to lose about 1min to wiggins?

By my reckoning, less than that and we're in for 2 more bloody good weeks of cycling. More than that and it's over... Froome and evans racing for second.

At about 1min im unsure though. At rhis point i'd say advantage wiggins. Havent seen any signs that cadel will drop evans on this parcourse

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I reckon Menchov's form is growing better and he didn't do **** today, mostly sucking wheels. So hopefully Menchov will pull off a good TT, limiting his losses to Wiggo, and hit the first real mountain stages next week in great shape :)

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Kaxesen said:
TVG as one of the contenders? Hmm isn't it more realistic that he'll just take the day off and save energy for the upcoming stages?

Well the day after is a rest day so he will have that time to recuperate. So generally expect to see all good TTs go full out, but for the riders who have been injured in crashes this will be the ideal stage to rest and take it easy as they will then be able to rest again on the rest day and be fully recovered by the Grande Colombier stage.

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Froome19 said:
Well the day after is a rest day so he will have that time to recuperate. So generally expect to see all good TTs go full out, but for the riders who have been injured in crashes this will be the ideal stage to rest and take it easy as they will then be able to rest again on the rest day and be fully recovered by the Grande Colombier stage.
Well I know EBH will take the day off, and I reckon EBH and TVG are somewhat in the same situation.

Ruudz0r said:
Did EBH confirm that somewhere?
From Velonews: "Sports director Sean Yates said Wiggins, Froome and three-time world time trial champion Mick Rogers will ride “full gas,” while the rest of the team will ride easy to save their legs for the coming battle."

EBH said during Dauphine that he always likes to ride TT's "full gas" though, so if it were up to him he'd certainly give it a go. But for this TDF he's in chains, even in the individual time trial...

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Ruudz0r said:
Did EBH confirm that somewhere?
No, but the entire Norwegian media are speaking about it as a rest day. If you look at the bookies as well he's given a v. low winning chance (126x to be precise, which obviously _never_ would've been the case if he was riding full gas)

maltiv said:
From Velonews: "Sports director Sean Yates said Wiggins, Froome and three-time world time trial champion Mick Rogers will ride “full gas,” while the rest of the team will ride easy to save their legs for the coming battle."

EBH said during Dauphine that he always likes to ride TT's "full gas" though, so if it were up to him he'd certainly give it a go. But for this TDF he's in chains, even in the individual time trial...

Okay thanks :)!

TRENDING THREADS