• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Tour of California May 17 stage 5: Bakersfield ITT 29.6 km

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Froome19 said:
Levi has got no chance, generally if he is in good form that will be shown up by his TT as he is more a rider who tempo rides up climbs so he is not like other riders who will do bad TTs and still go good on climbs. I see him a more of a TT rider who will do well on the climbs depending on how well he Time trials. And as his TT was poor I find it hard to see him affecting GC.

I sure hope that reasoning doesn't hold for Horner as well!:eek:

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Cancellator said:
I sure hope that reasoning doesn't hold for Horner as well!:eek:

It cant because Horner isnt a time triallist but rather a clmber. So his form is not dependant on his time trialling etc. Rather his time trialling is an indication of his form as he would put in better time trials like he put in last year if he is on better form but rather than it being like Levi who's TT to climbing is something like: X=Y. Climbers like Horners will usually put on good TTs if on form yet their climbing form does not necessary correlate to their TT form.

Bergop is het oude gevoel weer een beetje terug. Ik ben er nog niet, maar het gaat wel soepeler dan eerder dit voorjaar. Nu blijkt ook, dat de weg terug naar de top een hele lange is. Na een beenbreuk duurt dat toch nog wel even. Langer dan ik hoopte, maar niet langer dan ik eigenlijk wel wist."

In the above quote found on his website Gesink says in an interview after yesterday's TT stage that the old level is coming back a bit. He's not there yet but things are going easier compared the first part of the season in Spring. Also that it appears that the way back to the top is a very long one. After a leg fracture it does take a while. Longer than he had hoped, but not longer than he already suspected.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Bavarianrider said:
Compared to Tony, If he loses less than 2 minutes in the first TT, or 3 minutes in the 2nd TT, i will have a Gesink avatar for the rest of the year!

I'd say he'll be within 1 minute to Tony easily in the last TT ;) Much better recovery than Martin. I am taking that bet too.

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Bavarianrider said:
Compared to Tony, If he loses less than 2 minutes in the first TT, or 3 minutes in the 2nd TT, i will have a Gesink avatar for the rest of the year!

I will take that bet....

But preferably can it not be a tarmac avatar?;)

TRENDING THREADS