• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Vuelta a España: Stage 4:Barakaldo-Estación de Valdezcaray 160.6 Km

2012 Vuelta a España: Stage 4:Barakaldo-Estación de Valdezcaray 160.6 Km

Profile:

4_perfil.png

last climb:

4_puerto_2.gif

small group at the finish and purito vs piti round 2?

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Purito v. Valverde round 2, purito FTW this time. Contador to put a little more into an attack then he did today and test Froome's endurance.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
There can be damage, remember gap in tour '11 last year?

Only 5% but we've had some action and next stages aren't hard so i expect something.

Miburo said:
There can be damage, remember gap in tour '11 last year?

Only 5% but we've had some action and next stages aren't hard so i expect something.

it's actually pretty difficult until they hit that plateau

valdezcaray.gif

that would be some 9 kms at more than 6%

those 4 k's at 7% look tasteful

my predictions is that saxo and sky will go full-gas,alberto will attack again and one of purito and valverde will crack

for the win, winner anacona:)

Fidolix

BANNED
Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Vino attacks everyone said:
sure, why not :D

Vae you also lack an avatar, go for it :D

I don´t think much will happen, it´s not steep enough, Berto will attack and Valverde steals it, no time gaps on first 5 guys in the gc.

Comments from AC about todays stage in case someone missed it:

"I felt strong and in excess, so of course I would test the legs, but there was only minimal time to get in the end, due to the short rise and the fact that there were no other mountains prior, so most favorites was fresh. However, I am still quite happy with the test, although of course I would have preferred to win, but the goal is still Madrid, and before the stage start today I would have been absolutely satisfied with the result. I might be missing still a little race pace, but I have the right punch, and it's a sign that I'm ready. Now I look forward to the next stages with optimism, "said Team Saxo Bank Tinkoff Bank's Alberto Contador.

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Descender said:
I'm willing to bet with the first poster that feels up to the task that none of the big 4 wins tomorrow's stage.

If I'm wrong you can choose an avatar of your choice and I'll wear it the whole Vuelta.
I wouldn't bet that...I'd probably go for Daniel Moreno (again) myself. This almost looks like Sierra Nevada (the side climbed last year) lite.

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Cimber said:
Sadly the last part of the climb is not hard enought. I dont expect much, if any, gaps among the top favorites.

I agree, the flattening out of the finish will do much to erase any gaps. Would be a good stage for a non GC candidate to steal a stage...maybe M. Landa tries to make his mark.

I'm impressed with Valverde so far, though its still early yet. I just hope Anton is using the first week to round into form in much the same way Contador allegedly is. I expected a touch more from him on Stage 3, though he wasn't exactly terrible.

Anyway, to more excitement.

TRENDING THREADS