• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Vuelta a España: Stage 5:Logroño-logroño 168.0 Km

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
No_Balls said:
What a completly snoozefest! Looked good on paper though.

Is this an example of Newton's Third Law of Stage Races, for every exciting stage there will be one that is dull, thus maintaining balance?

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Waterloo Sunrise said:
Crap from Sky, managing to both get their GC rider working, whilst providing their sprinter with 0 help.

I thought I saw Swift being brought up to the front by someone. I think Froome was staying out of trouble until the 3k mark.

Netserk said:
Tomorrow :)

EDIT: It's ending on this:
68fef9e7c58e43db512548668e245174o.jpg

Ah that is great. Vamos Contador! :)

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I took the 'over' bet on how long it took this thread to get to 100 posts. (22 hours.) Beers are on me.

I m doubling down on whether it gets to 200 before the end of the Vuelta.

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
User Guide said:
Sky better do a better job of leading out Swifty than the other day.

As predicted no chance, Sky still using the same Cr**y tactics as in the tour. Keep Froome safe up the front until 3km to go and vanish leaving the sprinter to his own devices. All well and good for someone with more experience but up against these sprint trains Swift has no chance.

TRENDING THREADS