• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Vuelta. The Return of the King.

Page 57 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Return of the King indeed! What a brilliant, gritty race. Not only is he the best racer, he's also the smartest tactically, and the most gutsy. It's like everyone else was expecting follow the leader to the last 5k, and see if someone would get dropped. But he completely threw a wrench into that, and turned into a war of attrition they weren't expecting, nor prepared for. Everyone else racing not to lose, he races to win. As the old saying goes, fortune favors the bold.

The Hitch said:
(also known as the cheer up Fleur and El Pistolero thread:p)

In Science news, a giant step towards intergalactic travel was taken today as the Hubble telescope witnessed La Vuelta a Espana move at many times the speed of light into a whole new galaxy of importance.

The Great One will return, and he's not happy.

He wants revenge.

This thread is for speculation. Speculation regarding the Vuelta now that the scene has changed.

How many stages will Contador win? (more or less than 8?).

How many minutes will he win by?

How many tdf contenders will back out of the 2013 edition after seeing this display?

How many riders will finish outside the time limit on Bola del Mundo after Bertie flies up it like Apollo 15 on take off?

(Those who want to say - how many dope tests will he fail, thats taken ;))

As to the other aspects of the race (if there are any), Igor Anton, sorry mate not this year either.

Joaquim Rodriguez - unlucky man. How do you choose, Tour with 90km tt or a Vuelta with Contador.

Ivan Basso - errr you still want to do the Vuelta?

Afrank said:
Hey Hitch, if Contador wins the Tour, will he be the great one again?

Yeah, Hitch, y u no post like that anymore, I miss the awesome and (albeit sometiems slightly biased) poetic analysis you always posted:(

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Afrank said:
Hey Hitch, if Contador wins the Tour, will he be the great one again?
I asked him this,and asked him why he behave torwards AC how he does now,never got the answer.;)
imo he was always the great one,but for 1 year he lost champions feature:(.Motivation.
Last Tour reminded him,that he never wants to experience this again.
Red Rick said:
He will forever the The Great One on this forum at least

In cycling, supporting Froome or Wiggins or Schleck or Cancellara or Nibali is called fandom, supporting Contador is a cycling religion:cool:

I believe
Yeah,religion.Remember? 'We are not fanboys,we are a family' (ac thread,flo responding to some troll);)
Last year was a tough year for AC fanclub family.I would say completely brutal.Most of us were completely sad,disgusted and lost all of our faith.I gave up too,but it was a big fault.He still has the champion heart.

TRENDING THREADS