2012 World Championships, Men Individual Time Trial: 45.7Km

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 16, 2010
17,463
0
0
c&cfan said:
Oh my good...

who is already seeing phinney vs sagan at RVV and PR?

amazing young guys..
Right now Phinney only seems to be a Roubaix kind of guy. Took Cancellara many years as well to be a real competitor for the Ronde, so perhaps one day.
 
Kwibus said:
Well that's because of your behaviour.

I'm happy for Tony for winning it allthough I'm a fan Contador. I don't see the problem?
I am not talking about you.
But a good portion of users can't get enough of moaning about Tony and so on. They use every chance to do it Thios year they had plenty!
But no it's time for revenge and Tony set a nice one two combo in their faces:D
Next year will be eve better, 2013 will be Tonys year!
Haters are in to ahard time:D
 
Jul 8, 2012
314
0
0
Parrulo said:
ya wiggins has been the best time trialist of a season where the 2 previous world champions have been injured. . . . that totally makes him the best time trialist of this generation :rolleyes:

for all i know canc and martin can be back to their best next year and wiggins back to throwing bikes around when doing a bad performance
Do you lack reading comprehension? Where did a say that Wiggo is the best time trialist of this generation? That's right I didn't, I wouldn't claim it either.

If we just try to look past the Wiggo hate and ask the question: Will Canc, Martin and Phinney be the three most dominating time trialers next year?

Wiggo beat Martin by 42 seconds in the Olympics, and Phinney with almost 2 minutes. If you compare average speed of riders competing in both Copenhagen and London, you can see that Wiggo is one of the few riders that had taken a giant leap from Copenhagen to London. Wiggo's performance in London is quiet equal Martin's in Copenhagen when you compare average speed and time distance to competitiors. So, to not include Wiggo among the probable dominating time trialers next year is unfounded. Hitch, didn't include him, and I questioned him. That's all.
 
Aug 16, 2011
10,821
0
0
c&cfan said:
Oh my good...

who is already seeing phinney vs sagan at RVV and PR?

amazing young guys..
Now that would be a great battle, :D

Kwibus said:
Yes and Tony Martin with his form of last year would've been 1 minute faster as well and Cancellara after a good season without crashes and injuries would've been a minute faster as well.
bla bla bla
Exactly, its useless to compare how a rider would have done if they were in a past form. Wiggins and Cancellara weren't here and didn't have the form to compete here. Martin and Pinney were the best no matter what.
 
Apr 5, 2012
33
0
0
Bavarianrider said:
I am not talking about you.
But a good portion of users can't get enough of moaning about Tony and so on. They use every chance to do it Thios year they had plenty!
But no it's time for revenge and Tony set a nice one two combo in their faces:D
Next year will be eve better, 2013 will be Tonys year!
Haters are in to ahard time:D
haters?
People talk about a WC that does not win races, it is nothing strange.
Being a genius on a internet forum and posting pictures of some guy crying is strange....
 
Bavarianrider said:
I am not talking about you.
But a good portion of users can't get enough of moaning about Tony and so on. They use every chance to do it Thios year they had plenty!
But no it's time for revenge and Tony set a nice one two combo in their faces:D
Next year will be eve better, 2013 will be Tonys year!
Haters are in to ahard time:D
 
congrats to panzerwagen!

it seems like i was totally wrong and the route was harder than i thought,only 47 km/h average speed for tony.

what amazed me was the low level of competition...i mean where are the good old days when at least 20 guys would be flying at the worlds? here you got only 4-5 guys caring about the race...with all due respect to gruzdev,the level was poorer than ever.

alberto's ride will be a black spot for his carrer,if you don't prepare like you should do for this one,you better don't race it at all.that's why i think wiggo and froomey chose well.

overall,a very lame edition of the itt worlds.
 
Jul 29, 2012
11,703
3
0
Bavarianrider said:
Tony clearly shows that he has 2 WC now. Not insulting anybody
Says something about your intelligence if you thought someone here on this forum was serious in thinking that ;)
 
Jul 16, 2010
17,463
0
0
jens_attacks said:
congrats to panzerwagen!

it seems like i was totally wrong and the route was harder than i thought,only 47 km/h average speed for tony.

what amazed me was the low level of competition...i mean where are the good old days when at least 20 guys would be flying at the worlds? here you got only 4-5 guys caring about the race...with all due respect to gruzdev,the level was poorer than ever.

alberto's ride will be a black spot for his carrer,if you don't prepare like you should do for this one,you better don't race it at all.that's why i think wiggo and froomey chose well.

overall,a very lame edition of the itt worlds.
ITT always had weak competition. Last year was probably one of the best podiums ever.
 
Mar 12, 2009
2,521
0
0
Great battle for the medals, congrats to all 3.

If Bavarianrider keeps trolling I'm gonna start to dislike T Martin, which would be a shame.
 
jens_attacks said:
congrats to panzerwagen!

it seems like i was totally wrong and the route was harder than i thought,only 47 km/h average speed for tony.

what amazed me was the low level of competition...i mean where are the good old days when at least 20 guys would be flying at the worlds? here you got only 4-5 guys caring about the race...with all due respect to gruzdev,the level was poorer than ever.

alberto's ride will be a black spot for his carrer,if you don't prepare like you should do for this one,you better don't race it at all.that's why i think wiggo and froomey chose well.

overall,a very lame edition of the itt worlds.
Pff, black spot, come on it's not the end of the world :p
 
Miburo said:
Says something about your intelligence if you thought someone here on this forum was serious in thinking that ;)
Actually not!
The way Tonys signals 2 is not the way Germans show a 2.
We Germans go one = thumb, 2 = thumb and forefinger, 3 = thumb and forefinger and ringfinger.
However, having spent many years in an American tea, i guess Tony has picked up the American way of number shoing with fingers.
 
Jul 8, 2012
314
0
0
peloton said:
Great battle for the medals, congrats to all 3.

If Bavarianrider keeps trolling I'm gonna start to dislike T Martin, which would be a shame.
You gone start dislike a rider because of forum poster? Hope you are joking.
 
Bavarianrider said:
Actually not!
The way Tonys signals 2 is not the way Germans show a 2.
We Germans go one = thumb, 2 = thumb and forefinger, 3 = thumb and forefinger and ringfinger.
However, having spent many years in an American tea, i guess Tony has picked up the American way of number shoing with fingers.
...Or he is just as arrogant as Cavendish.. :rolleyes:
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY