• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 World Championships, Men Individual Time Trial: 45.7Km

Page 17 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
Bavarianrider said:
Actually not!
The way Tonys signals 2 is not the way Germans show a 2.
We Germans go one = thumb, 2 = thumb and forefinger, 3 = thumb and forefinger and ringfinger.
However, having spent many years in an American tea, i guess Tony has picked up the American way of number shoing with fingers.
Stupid question, and way off topic, but how do you show a 4?
Tried it with using my thumb, and it's impossible for me:p

Buffalo Soldier said:
Stupid question, and way off topic, but how do you show a 4?
Tried it with using my thumb, and it's impossible for me:p
i can do it with my left but not my right (the one i had surgeries on after busting me elbow) unless i really, really concentrate... either hand, though, it ain't pretty. (an admission, i avoided ordering 4 of anything when i was in Paris because i always would count out the numbers on my hand in case they didn't understand the accent :eek:)

noone i knew that was native, though, had a problem... maybe it's muscle memory?

thirteen said:
i can do it with my left but not my right (the one i had surgeries on after busting me elbow) unless i really, really concentrate... either hand, though, it ain't pretty. (an admission, i avoided ordering 4 of anything when i was in Paris because i always would count out the numbers on my hand in case they didn't understand the accent :eek:)

noone i knew that was native, though, had a problem... maybe it's muscle memory?

A four is simply the fingers without the thumb!!!!

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
cineteq said:
Nah, Martin's experience did.
sure, that helped, but if Bert rode like usual and Tony never saw him (or got that quick motorpace from Bert's lead moto) he probably would have been 5 sec slower, or maybe 4 sec and won by 1 sec, who knows. seeing and chasing someone usually helps in a TT.

CobbleStoner said:
sure, that helped, but if Bert rode like usual and Tony never saw him (or got that quick motorpace from Bert's lead moto) he probably would have been 5 sec slower, or maybe 4 sec and won by 1 sec, who knows. seeing and chasing someone usually helps in a TT.
Gotcha, actually Martin said it gave him more motivation to catch Alberto.

TRENDING THREADS