• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Critérium du Dauphiné Stage 5: Grésy-sur-Aix Valmorel (139 km)

Page 24 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

What Will Contador do in this Stage

• DNS or DNF.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
airstream said:
Sorry my poor language, but I don't see Sky fans in the thread. Who are they? I see only dissapointed Conta fans and guys who perforce have to admit that Froome is better now.

I see a lot. But why is that an issue?

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
What do you think about the best possible tactics(gain time n Froome) for Berto in the mountains?

IMO best tactics is this: about 5k from the summit(Ax3,Ventoux,Alpe,Semnoz) Saxo should set incredible tempo(for example in 1k reduce 30guys group to 5 guys, like Covadonga stage iirc) with Rogers ,Kreuziger & Roche and drop all Froome teammates(including Richie) and then Contador should wait how Froome will react(for example in the group are Froome,Contador,Valverde,Purito and Pinot),if he waits for Porte to recover - Contador should attack,if he(Dawg)sets tempo - Contador shpuld wait for last 2k and then attack.
Imo its the best tactic for Contador to gain time in MTF stages at Tour.
More important for beating Froome are stages to BdeBigore,Gap & LeGBornard imo:cool:
And of course limit losses in TT:D

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
airstream said:
Such an oak conservator like you simply can't handle different opinions. Apparently your sig says about absolute limit of human capacities... :eek:

Hé has a point tough. You seem to spend more time bashing Contador than discussing Andy, since the downfall. I miss Andy and would love to see him back in top shape.

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
airstream said:
Tank91 reasons quite rationally. I wouldn't call this pro sky bias. DT is obviously not a sky fan. so is the hitch

Being a fan doesnt make you less rational. Maybe somewhat biased. Goes for both "factions" but remember there are a lot who are neither fan of neither of them but just want a close race.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Cimber said:
Hé has a point tough. You seem to spend more time bashing Contador than discussing Andy, since the downfall. I miss Andy and would love to see him back in top shape.
His point is anyone who treats Sky neutrally and better either understand nothing about cycling or trolls (and other rude definitions). As to Andy, no news no discussions. If I knew French I would've found something but unfortunately...Stating that Froome has more chances to win the Tour is bashing Contador?

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
airstream said:
His point is anyone who treats Sky neutrally and better either understand nothing about cycling or trolls (and other rude definitions). As to Andy, no news no discussions. If I knew French I would've found something but unfortunately...Stating that Froome has more chances to win the Tour is bashing Contador?

Not at all but u havent failed a chance to bash Contador or his fans in the last fem years. Thats a nasty pattern which will make some ppl percieve u as a troll

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Cimber said:
Not at all but u havent failed a chance to bash Contador or his fans in the last fem years. Thats a nasty pattern which will make some ppl percieve u as a troll

I'm just wondering who could make up stuff 'when he's on form he's unbeatable'. The most awkward thing I've ever heard about cycling.

Part of fans (I'm not saying about you) simply can not and don't want to admit he loses fairly and deservedly and I'm entitled to laugh from it, because I would never say such BS about my rider no matter how bad I'd feel after their defeats

How bad was the TV production today by the way?

Terrible. No disrespect to Busche but when Froome is bridging up to Contador you stay with that camera. It also took about 5km into the climb before we got a proper look a the main group and there was no coverage of the guys getting dropped either...

airstream said:
I'm just wondering who could make up stuff 'when he's on form he's unbeatable'. The most awkward thing I've ever heard about cycling.

Part of fans (I'm not saying about you) simply can not and don't want to admit he loses fairly and deservedly and I'm entitled to laugh from it, because I would never say such BS about my rider no matter how bad I'd feel after their defeats
But you could say he should be shot :confused:

Miburo said:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ot...-away-to-take-overall-lead.html#disqus_thread

Reading these articles i really don't care if it's Contador that's gonna crush them, aslong as someone does it. ****ing brits...Last year they were mad cause people said it would be a different tour with Contador and now they can't pass any chance celebrating froome is crushing him

I guess it's normal but damn it's annoying

There is nothing remotely wrong with that article. I thing your bitterness is impairing your judgment mate.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Poursuivant said:
There is nothing remotely wrong with that article. I thing your bitterness is impairing your judgment mate.

I agree. Every newspaper does this, at least sport ones do. In Spain, if Contie won, similar headline would be created.

It's just nationalism. And in sport it's just bigger. Every newspaper is nationalistic etc.etc.

ILovecycling said:
What do you think about the best possible tactics(gain time n Froome) for Berto in the mountains?

IMO best tactics is this: about 5k from the summit(Ax3,Ventoux,Alpe,Semnoz) Saxo should set incredible tempo(for example in 1k reduce 30guys group to 5 guys, like Covadonga stage iirc) with Rogers ,Kreuziger & Roche and drop all Froome teammates(including Richie) and then Contador should wait how Froome will react(for example in the group are Froome,Contador,Valverde,Purito and Pinot),if he waits for Porte to recover - Contador should attack,if he(Dawg)sets tempo - Contador shpuld wait for last 2k and then attack.
Imo its the best tactic for Contador to gain time in MTF stages at Tour.
More important for beating Froome are stages to BdeBigore,Gap & LeGBornard imo:cool:
And of course limit losses in TT:D

Best tactic is to attack from 50km out

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Gloin22 said:
I agree. Every newspaper does this, at least sport ones do. In Spain, if Contie won, similar headline would be created.

It's just nationalism. And in sport it's just bigger. Every newspaper is nationalistic etc.etc.

I agree, but that doesn't mean its right

May 23, 2013
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Best tactic is to attack from 50km out

Best tactic is to attack at the point that gives you the best chance of winning.

It's hard to blame Sky for the fact that their best chance of winning is to attack at points that don't make for interesting racing. It just means they're not my favourite racers to watch.

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
airstream said:

Unless their is a crash, illness or clinic issue etc. its always a fair loss imo. Its the riders responsibility to show up well prepared. However, that doesn't mean there cant be explanations for poor performance, but that doesn't mean its not a fair loss/win.

No one argues that Contador on form is unbeatable (well none I have seen).

Btw just out of curiosity, I remember you once wrote the following "I never liked dominators". Does that mean you are beginning to like Contador and dislike Sky? ;)

TRENDING THREADS