• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Giro D'Italia Field Discussion

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win the 2013 Giro?

• Other/Garzelli

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Gloin22 said:
Unliekely.

Thomas, Knees & Eisel are all sets for Tour. No doubt about that. I also think Stannard might be given his Tour debut. But out of the 4 he's most likely to do Giro.

Pate and Kennaugh are great flat roulers. No need for more than them tbh.

No way will Stannard do Classics-Giro-Tour.

Gloin22 said:
Unliekely.

Thomas, Knees & Eisel are all sets for Tour. No doubt about that. I also think Stannard might be given his Tour debut. But out of the 4 he's most likely to do Giro.

Pate and Kennaugh are great flat roulers. No need for more than them tbh.

Knees has said he's definitely riding the Giro with Wiggins and may well then ride the Tour as well depending on his form.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Waterloo Sunrise said:
No sign this is a joke, but I feel it must be.

Kennaugh is small, light climber, and spending a year riding a series of short sprints in formation does not make him a serious bunch puller.

IF you watched last years Giro, until Kennaugh pulled out he was in the leading out train for Cav as well as pulling the break on several occasions. IT's not like he's great, but he's decent enough.

Gloin22 said:
IF you watched last years Giro, until Kennaugh pulled out he was in the leading out train for Cav as well as pulling the break on several occasions. IT's not like he's great, but he's decent enough.

I could have sworn great was exactly the word you used.

Anyhow, I do indeed remember him costing Cav a stage win on that corner, but it really would be an utterly bizzare use of resources to get your 62 kilo British climbing talent to do a Matt Hayman impression in a team which already has more climbers than can realistically be required.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Waterloo Sunrise said:
I could have sworn great was exactly the word you used.

Anyhow, I do indeed remember him costing Cav a stage win on that corner, but it really would be an utterly bizzare use of resources to get your 62 kilo British climbing talent to do a Matt Hayman impression in a team which already has more climbers than can realistically be required.

Great was the wrong wording by myself then xD

Decent is better. If necessary he can do the job, Giro doens't have much flat in it anyway so Pate should be enough :D

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
cineteq said:
Is Jurgen Van Den Broeck riding the Giro? Placing 4th in 2012 TdF seemed to have done nothing for him. Is there any fanboy other than logic-is-your-friend in this forum? :)

Nope, he's doing the usual stage race build up to a 4th place at the Tour. He should play in the Premier League, where everyone loves talking about the race for 4th place.

iZnoGouD

BANNED
Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Machado will obviously annihilate this race

bettiniphoto_0095761_1_full_600.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS