• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Giro D'Italia Field Discussion

Page 22 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win the 2013 Giro?

• Other/Garzelli

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mad Elephant Man said:
Agnoli will not be there when it really matters but can do something on early climbs of the big stages.

However if Sky decide, as seems almost certain, they want to sit on the front for all the mountain stages with 6+ riders supporting Wiggins then other teams only need a couple of climbers to support their leaders. You only need more if you are going to sit on the front and set the pace.

The thing with guys like Kessiakoff, Tira and Brajko is that they can go up the mountains and wait for an Nibali attack and then help him on the flat and the into the next mountain. They are all have very strong engines and are good at tting so they are the perfect assistance for a Nibali in attack mode

Afrank said:
Would absolutely love to see that. :D And see Porte not wait for Wiggo like Froome did. :cool:

:confused:

ughh, froome did wait for wiggo, both times

Hillarious how people have (god knows how) taken "froomed" to mean something other than - have a potentially stronger teammate sacrifice his dreams to pace you 3000km through a grand tour, be at your beck and call every hour of every day, slow down if you ask it, ***** about him in the press and watch his girlfriend get told that women belong in the kitchen and have no right to have an opinion, and take it all silently

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
The Hitch said:
:confused:

ughh, froome did wait for wiggo, both times

Hillarious how people have (god knows how) taken "froomed" to mean something other than - sacrifice your dreams to pace your main opponent 3000km through a grand tour, be at his beck and call every hour of every day, slow down if he asks it, take **** about it in the press, watch your girlfriend get told that women belong in the kitchen and have no right to have an opinion, and never breath a word about your loss.

I meant Porte not wait for Wiggins like Froome waited for Wiggins.

I took Froomed to mean Porte would be the one leaving Wiggins behind on the climbs. My mistake, if that's not the correct meaning. :eek: If Froomed means what you said, then no, I don't want to see that happen.

Afrank said:
I meant Porte not wait for Wiggins like Froome waited for Wiggins.

I took Froomed to mean Porte would be the one leaving Wiggins behind on the climbs. My mistake, if that's not the correct meaning. :eek: If Froomed means what you said, then no, I don't want to see that happen.

I'm fairly sure you got the meaning correct. Or I could be mistaken and "Vroomed" is the right word whereas "Froomed" means "to be Wiggin's little b*tch"

No one really knows with Porte. He's 2/2 on MTFs and both times didn't just win, he embarrassed the field. Wiggins has never won an MTF let alone put daylight between him and his rivals. Of course the circumstances are different but we just don't know where the current ceiling is for Porte. He says himself that he's not ready to compete for GTs so I doubt we see him as a top five or six climber in the Giro or Tour.

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
BTW, what´s on with Rujano?

AFAIK, he hasn´t raced in 2013 yet, anyone knows what he does? Hope he´ll be a factor in the Giro (the factor he was in 2005 and 2011, not the one like in 2006, standing on the side of the road of a rainy descent, looking to the skies - I won´t ever forget this picture :D).

Ryo, what´s on with him, tell us! :p

RHRH19861986 said:

AFAIK, he hasn´t raced in 2013 yet, anyone knows what he does? Hope he´ll be a factor in the Giro (the factor he was in 2005 and 2011, not the one like in 2006, standing on the side of the road of a rainy descent, looking to the skies - I won´t ever forget this picture :D).

you should check maybe this thread more often

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=13412&page=27

2a05238653ccbf1d3411bf4b825871c8o.jpg

he's in amazing shape and now because his great friend and inspiration, hugo chavez is gone he will fight like a gladiator to take a stage win in catalunya in his honour

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
RHRH19861986 said:

you should've read the rujano topic a few days ago. rujano is storming once again

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
greenedge said:
That could change- even though the punchy route suits those 2- Porte can still do a good job on steep gradients.

no that won't change. henao will be leader. sky said so themselves. porte is going to be helper in giro and tour.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
whittashau said:
So we learned today that Sky is just going to crush all teams in the giro like they're nothing. Astana will be no where it seems.

It just depends what Wiggins shows up though, but I do expect Sky to crush as do many I guess.

Kireynka - Cataldo - Uran - Henao - (Porte) - Wiggins train will be unbeatable.

Only person that can stop such train is Contador and he will no be present, Nibs is just not strong enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS