• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Giro d'Italia, stage 18: Mori - La Polsa 20.6k

Page 29 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 28, 2012
Visit site
maltiv said:
Indeed, for example, a certain rider Ryo called "extremely overrated" and a "mediocre climber" is now leading the Giro by 4 minutes :p

Overrated as a climber, yes, not as a GT rider...

Edit: not starting this discussion again.

May 4, 2013
Visit site
hfer07 said:
damn - 4.02 on Evans- damn

Nibbs just took his preformance to the next level :eek::D:D

Evans time was surprising. I thought he might even have a little edge on Nibali, based on the first TT. Nibali is definitely better than ever and it is too bad he will not be riding the Tour. It would be fun to see Nibs in this form riding vs Contador and Froome.

contessador said:
Evans time was surprising. I thought he might even have a little edge on Nibali, based on the first TT. Nibali is definitely better than ever and it is too bad he will not be riding the Tour. It would be fun to see Nibs in this form riding vs Contador and Froome.

Why are people constantly mentioning Alberto? Atm he is nowhere near Froome and Nibali's level.

Eshnar said:
yep, the same guy who 2 months ago claimed Nibali isn't even in the top 10 climbers in the world (or something) :D:eek:

Ryo Hazuki said:
ok, don't tell me I didn't wanr you. here it comes:

RODRIGUEZ OLIVER Joaquím "Purito"
CONTADOR VELASCO Alberto
RUJANO GUILLÉN José Humberto "Cara de Niño"
ANTON HERNANDEZ Igor
CAMARGO TENORIO Luis Fernando
SCHLECK Andy(not anymore I guess)
EVANS Cadel
DUARTE AREVALO Fabio Andres "El Niño Meravilla"
BASSO Ivan(maybe not anymore)
SANCHEZ GONZALEZ Samuel “Samu”
POZZOVIVO Domenico
MONTAÑA Freddy Emir
FROOME Chris
COBO ACEBO Juan Jose
SCARPONI Michele
QUINTANA ROJAS Nairo Alexander
ATAPUMA HURTADO John Darwin “El Volcán”
CANO ARDILA Alex Norberto
INFANTINO ABREU Rafael
SZMYD Sylvester
GADRET John
ROLLAND Pierre
MARTIN Daniel
SCHLECK Frank
HENAO MONTOYA Sergio Luis "El Venao"
HORNER Christopher
VALVERDE BELMONTE Alejandro

are all better climbers imo than nibali. even if you don;t agree you can easily spot 15 names that are better, this is like 40

:eek:

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Why are people constantly mentioning Alberto? Atm he is nowhere near Froome and Nibali's level.

Why? Because he started the year badly? All I remember is that in the last GT he did he won and that was after almost a year off. Once upon a time riders peaked for one race a year. Maybe Bertie is doing that. So to say that he's not at Froome's or Nibali's level is a little presumptive.

whittashau said:
Why? Because he started the year badly? All I remember is that in the last GT he did he won and that was after almost a year off. Once upon a time riders peaked for one race a year. Maybe Bertie is doing that. So to say that he's not at Froome's or Nibali's level is a little presumptive.

I think not but I will leave this discussion now

Publicus said:
Ever? At this precise moment? No contest: Contador.

At this present moment - Nibali.

I think its likely Contador at the tour will be better than what Nibali is now, but don't underestimate Nibali now. Times change. I still had in my mind an image of Nibali from 09, 10, 11, 12 who was a top 10 climber and top 15 tter who had a good ttt team and could urk out podiums/ gt wins, when others faltered.

But what he is showing us right now, winning the tt like Contador won the tt in Nvegal - crushing the field, best climber on every stage in quite a decent field (whereas in the **** 2010 vuelta field he wasnt even the best climber), i think one has to realize Nibali has improved.

May 4, 2013
Visit site
The Hitch said:
At this present moment - Nibali.

I think its likely Contador at the tour will be better than what Nibali is now, but don't underestimate Nibali now. Times change. I still had in my mind an image of Nibali from 09, 10, 11, 12 who was a top 10 climber and top 15 tter who had a good ttt team and could urk out podiums/ gt wins, when others faltered.

But what he is showing us right now, winning the tt like Contador won the tt in Nvegal - crushing the field, best climber on every stage in quite a decent field (whereas in the **** 2010 vuelta field he wasnt even the best climber), i think one has to realize Nibali has improved.

Exactly.

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Kangert told Estonian media few days ago that he will not go full gas in this TT cause there's two big mountain stages ahead so him finishing 34th was expected.

Nibali was impressive.