2013 Giro D'Italia, Stage:3 Sorrento - Marina Di Ascea 222 kms

Page 21 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
theyoungest said:
Sky have only Wiggo and Uran left at the top of the GC. That must be a disappointment after just 3 days of racing.
Yep. They didn't look prepared today.

whittashau said:
Cobo and Capecchi both finished way back so I guess Benat is Movistar's GC rider for sure then.
Not that there was any doubt even before this stage :D

Eshnar said:
nvm the seconds.
Hesjedal did make a statement today. That's what I wanted Nibali to do.
Same here. I think he had excellent legs, always close to the front and looking fresh.

Dec 27, 2010
theyoungest said:
Sky have only Wiggo and Uran left at the top of the GC. That must be a disappointment after just 3 days of racing.
But still, would you bet against Wiggins, Uran and Henao all in the top 10 in the final GC? ;)

Jul 21, 2012
theyoungest said:
Henao isnt that far behind. He can still get on the podium.

hrotha said:
It seems like we can't expect much from these folks:

37. Duarte +1:52
40. Jeannesson +1:52
48. Stetina +1:52
56. Machado +1:52
65. Atapuma +1:52
66. Di Luca +1:52
Let some of these guys drop another 4-6 minutes quickly and get into some serious power breaks in 2nd week of the giro.

It will be good for the race.

theyoungest said:
Dont think they will mind even at this stage. Things won't start to be sorted out until after the 1st long TT.

It was a great stage that I really enjoyed. Nice to see Santambrogio right up there too, I have a few pound each-way at 66/1.

Jan 11, 2010
movingtarget said:
Why ? Wiggins is the nominated leader. I don't think they are concerned about putting others on the podium.
Having Uran and Henao right up there leaves them with cards to play. That's only good for Wiggins.

Aug 4, 2010
argyllflyer said:
Highlighters' Scinto on twitter:
Great guy :D
movingtarget said:
Why ? Wiggins is the nominated leader. I don't think they are concerned about putting others on the podium.
Yea,but if Uran and Henao are in GC contention they can send them up the road and make other teams chase ;):)

theyoungest said:
Having Uran and Henao right up there leaves them with cards to play.
And I thought the first post was trolling. I have no idea what card you think they could or would play, and how remotely credible said card would be given the stated aim, and near zero interest the sponsor has in a Columbian winning.

Even so, the premise for your argument is wrong too - they have 3 men in the top 10.

argyllflyer said:
Highlighters' Scinto on twitter:
Anglosaxons think they can teach us #cycling but that's not the way a team should ride. Chasing Taborre a nosense"
he said that after Silvio Martinello, during the post stage tv show, said that by the end of the stage Sky had lost his strenght, and Wiggo was alone for a while (before Uran and Henao joined the front group)

he said Sky put too much energy in the chasing at the begining of the stage

Pricey_sky said:
Yes Saturday will be the one stage where he has damage limitiation. I'm hoping he can claw some time back in the big mountains. No reason why he can't from what i've seen of his form this season.
Ok, but go look at Tirreno for quite how horrifically bad it could be (he was even riding for GC then). He'll probably lose more to Nibali than Nibs loses to Wiggins.

Jan 11, 2010
Waterloo Sunrise said:
And I thought the first post was trolling. I have no idea what card you think they could or would play, and how remotely credible said card would be given the stated aim, and near zero interest the sponsor has in a Columbian winning.

Even so, the premise for your argument is wrong too - they have 3 men in the top 10.
Yes, I thought Henao was a bit further back. But your Sky obsession really hurts your common sense. It's good for Wiggo to have teammates way up on GC. If Henao attacks on a penultimate climb somewhere in the last week, Astana have to use all domestiques chasing. And at some point Nibali himself will have to chase.

ASK THE COMMUNITY