2013 Giro D'Italia, Stage:3 Sorrento - Marina Di Ascea 222 kms

Page 22 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 12, 2009
191
0
0
pastronef said:
he said that after Silvio Martinello, during the post stage tv show, said that by the end of the stage Sky had lost his strenght, and Wiggo was alone for a while (before Uran and Henao joined the front group)

he said Sky put too much energy in the chasing at the begining of the stage
I'm not convinced that is was down to the 'anglo-saxons' that his boy got caught to be honest.
 
djlovesyou said:
I'm not convinced that is was down to the 'anglo-saxons' that his boy got caught to be honest.
don't mind scinto, he's not racist or something like that. he just loves his team

and sky was indeed weird today, they put them in danger themselves

they never let the gap bigger than 7 minutes when they could have done that. no idea why

tomorrow i can see wiggo on his own on the climb because the climb is not a 3-4% like this one was.
 
theyoungest said:
Yes, I thought Henao was a bit further back. But your Sky obsession really hurts your common sense. It's good for Wiggo to have teammates way up on GC. If Henao attacks on a penultimate climb somewhere in the last week, Astana have to use all domestiques chasing. And at some point Nibali himself will have to chase.
Sky sending riders other than Wiggins up the road has 0 credibility - absolutely no one believes that anyone other than Wiggins winning would be a win for Sky.

Unless Wiggins has the race won and they're just taking 2nd off Nibali, in which case it's all rather moot anyway.

Point stands, your premise was wrong, your argument was invalid, so as usual you resort to ad hominem
 
djlovesyou said:
I'm not convinced that is was down to the 'anglo-saxons' that his boy got caught to be honest.
well, he said usually the break gets like 9 or 10 minutes and it's up to the sprinters team to do the chase. he said they wasted energy and at the end they let Wiggo almost alone, just Uran with him

obviously he's angry 'cause his rider got caught, one can understand him :eek:
 
pastronef said:
well, he said usually the break gets like 9 or 10 minutes and it's up to the sprinters team to do the chase. he said they wasted energy and at the end they let Wiggo almost alone, just Uran with him

obviously he's angry 'cause his rider got caught, one can understand him :eek:
You can understand he's ****ed, but he obviously spent more time trying to get on TV that watching the race - the gentle pace sky set for the first 100km had nothing to do with Henao & Uran missing the first selection (which lasted 3 minutes before they were back), and Wiggins got on the Garmin train without getting out of his seat or opening his mouth.
 
Jan 11, 2010
12,582
0
0
Waterloo Sunrise said:
Sky sending riders other than Wiggins up the road has 0 credibility - absolutely no one believes that anyone other than Wiggins winning would be a win for Sky.

Unless Wiggins has the race won and they're just taking 2nd off Nibali, in which case it's all rather moot anyway.

Point stands, your premise was wrong, your argument was invalid, so as usual you resort to ad hominem
I'm sure if Henao happens to win the Giro, it's all good for Sky. You think that if Henao is riding in front with a few minutes advantage they'll tell him to stop? They may not be the strongest team tactically, that would be utter stupidity.
 
so, Katusha has earned his Giro spot, and chapeau to Paolini
Weening saved Greenedge pride with a very nice ride (anyway, this team has to look for some GC riders for the next years)
Gesink arrived in the front group (not without some problems :D)
Ryder on fire and Tommy D. on form (while Vandevelde and Stetina are saving their legs for later, I hope)
Di Luca lost time, we'll see him in the breaks, same for Garzelli
Wiggo tranquilo, his team a little worried
Nibali unlucky in the sprint, but his team is strong
Cadel esta loco :D great sprint
Scarponi, very bad luck, he'll be angry come the mountains
Santambrogio this guy will surprise us

and... Beppe Conti is happy, another Italian in Maglia Rosa :p
 
theyoungest said:
I'm sure if Henao happens to win the Giro, it's all good for Sky. You think that if Henao is riding in front with a few minutes advantage they'll tell him to stop? They may not be the strongest team tactically, that would be utter stupidity.
If Wiggins tanks, Wiggins tanks. You go to plan b.

You however seem to think Sky could credibly send Henao off to help Wiggins, when no one will believe they mean the move if Wiggins is still in the game.

Quite apart from that, there is no chance they would use that tactic, even if it was credible.

Quite apart from that, Henao is still top 10, very close on time.

Apart from that, agree totally.
 
jens_attacks said:
don't mind scinto, he's not racist or something like that. he just loves his team

and sky was indeed weird today, they put them in danger themselves

they never let the gap bigger than 7 minutes when they could have done that. no idea why

tomorrow i can see wiggo on his own on the climb because the climb is not a 3-4% like this one was.
Urán looks strong, can't see him being dropped tomorrow until the group's in single digits, if it ever gets to that point.
 
Libertine Seguros said:
Urán looks strong, can't see him being dropped tomorrow until the group's in single digits, if it ever gets to that point.
vini fantini wants the maglia rosa at all costs
santa, scarponi hesjedal will go from the bottom of a climb. i don't even see wiggo following to be honest. it will be brutal stuff
11,9 km@ 5,9% is no joke
 
May 19, 2011
4,857
1
0
maltiv said:
Surprising that Nibali would be such a coward. Even when he and Hesjedal had a gap he refused to take a pull. He is the big loser today together with Scarponi...this was his opportunity to take seconds on Wiggins, and he didn't even try!
when everyone expect you to attack, the chance for success is minimal. And putting Angolli ahead serve the purpose to observe whether other big favorites have difficulty to follow. Maybe he assessed the situation, don't think he can pull enough seconds to justify the energy. Plus tomorrow is a hard stage, maybe he planed to do something over there. Throwing around " big loser" at stage 3 is very premature.
 
May 19, 2011
4,857
1
0
pastronef said:
Cassani said the climb is not so difficult
domani lo sapremo :)
Tour slope stage, but looks like Ryder is on fire. So could be a carnage if they mean business:D
 
Jul 29, 2012
11,703
3
0
The LOL i had when Blanco fell was the biggest i ever had.

You would think that these jokes get old and not much of it is true but they always prove us right :eek::eek:

And nibali wtf was he doing? No attack? Come on man...

Hesjedal was the man, he at least tried and gained 8 sec, good stuff.
 
May 19, 2011
4,857
1
0
Miburo said:
The LOL i had when Blanco fell was the biggest i ever had.

You would think that these jokes get old and not much of it is true but they always prove us right :eek::eek:

And nibali wtf was he doing? No attack? Come on man...

Hesjedal was the man, he at least tried and gained 12 sec, good stuff.
when everyone expect you to attack, the chance for success is minimal. And he did put Angolli ahead serving the purpose to observe whether other big favorites have difficulty to follow. Maybe he assessed the situation, decide it did not justify the energy. Plus tomorrow is a hard stage, maybe he planed to do something over there.
 
maltiv said:
Surprising that Nibali would be such a coward. Even when he and Hesjedal had a gap he refused to take a pull. He is the big loser today together with Scarponi...this was his opportunity to take seconds on Wiggins, and he didn't even try!
In hindsight, he was right. It wasn't steep enough to pull enough advantage. Hint: Samu didn't do it either. ;)
 
pastronef said:
he said that after Silvio Martinello, during the post stage tv show, said that by the end of the stage Sky had lost his strenght, and Wiggo was alone for a while (before Uran and Henao joined the front group)

he said Sky put too much energy in the chasing at the begining of the stage
Henao was with Wiggins pretty much the whole way from the initial Hesjedal attack on the climb. I'm not sure how he lost time because I saw him together with Wiggins and Uran only a few km from the finish.

I've no idea what OPQS were up today. Top placed finisher: Golas - at 50 seconds down. :rolleyes:
 
Jul 29, 2012
11,703
3
0
will10 said:
I think a few guys on here are underestimating how high the pace was on that descent. Agnoli was clearly put up the road for Nibali to try to bridge to him later. As it was the opportunity never really presented itself on the technical half of the descent because Hesjedal was drilling it. If it had split there then perhaps Nibali would've contributed.

Nibali has to take every opportunity he can. But, not at the expense of expending too much energy for no gain. Remember Hesjedal has killed himself today for 8 bonus seconds.
With how many sec did hesjedal win the giro last year?

Everything counts. The only way to beat sky is like this or does nibali want to wait for the high mountains to try and attack the sky train?
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY