• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Liège-Bastogne-Liège, 21/04/13 257km

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
serfla said:
The shark can't fly.

2010-11-05-seagull-shark.jpg

iZnoGouD

BANNED
Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Also he needs to be careful, given that he just come from Trentino and the workload acumulated he can't go very deep otherwise he may do too much work which is not optimal for his preparation for Giro, which is all he is thinking atm he is not thinking about winning LBL specially after winning Trentino, he can now control the efoorts for the perfect prepraration

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
zapata said:
Honestly, i don't expect nibali to win. I'm sure he'll make a big attack, and get caught. I just hope for a good race, and that simon gerrans doesn't win.
Nibali has the form. And if we take a look at other favorites, I think he's better than them at the moment.
Also, I think he shouldn't attack like last year. Shouldn't try anything solo. Wait for selected group and than make his move.

iZnoGouD

BANNED
Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Sky classics campaign failed but this is very different, LBL suits Froome perfectly and he clearly has the form i'am just not sure if ge has race rythm because he hasnt raced that much recently

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
iZnoGouD said:
Sky classics campaign failed but this is very different, LBL suits Froome perfectly and he clearly has the form i'am just not sure if ge has race rythm because he hasnt raced that much recently
I think something less dynamic and more steady would suit him better. Something like San Sebastian or Il Lombardia.

iZnoGouD

BANNED
Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Orbit501 said:
Use your own money on that one because it certainly wouldn't get any of mine. Another Sky fail on the Classics so far, apart from Henao.

Actually i do have money on Froome, on Costa, on Kwiatkowski and on Pieter Weening
Surely one this riders wil win tomorrow, i have 2% of the field covered :D

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Don't know how LBL suits Froome perfectly. Since he became unbelieveably good in 2011, he's been purely a stage racer - long climbs and TTs.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
iZnoGouD said:

What's Froome done in any hilly race that make you think LBL suits him? He'll probably be working for Henao in LBL, that would be the smart thing to do.

iZnoGouD

BANNED
Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Afrank said:
What's Froome done in any hilly race that make you think LBL suits him? He'll probably be working for Henao in LBL, that would be the smart thing to do.

250km with climbs, isn't that perfect for him?
He has big punch too, he can probably outclimb Rodriguez there giving his injury

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
iZnoGouD said:
250km with climbs, isn't that perfect for him?
He has big punch too, he can probably outclimb Rodriguez there giving his injury

Froome is good at mountain climbs, those aren't the climbs he will face at LBL.

TRENDING THREADS