• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Santos Tour Down Under Stage 1: Prospect -> Lobethal, 135km

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Greipel demolished the rest, Von Hoff looked as if he was going backwards when Greipel kicked. I think Demare can win a stage against him but needs better placing and Goss was nowhere- so i shall not say he shall win a stage with Greipel likely to feature again for the rest of the TDU.

If today is an example of how the CN Live coverage will be for the rest of the TDU, then they should give up now.....according to the scant coverage it is still in progress.....the editor presumably gave up and left.

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Afrank said:
That's why I love the Aussie races, I just sat down for dinner here on the west coast. :D

Same here. The coverage usually happens around the evening here. No having to wake up early in the morning for the Tour Down Under :D

Zinoviev Letter said:
Greipel looked great, both in terms of his climbing legs and, obviously, his sprint. I think that the gap was exaggerated by Van Hoff losing his wheel and marooning everyone else behind, but it was still an excellent display.
Indeed, Van Hoff screwed everyone else over with his terrible sprint, but of course, sprinting slowly is no crime :p

Demare looked really fast as well, wonder if he could've been close to Greipel with a better position. Last year he was one of very few sprinters who managed to beat Greipel head to head in a flat sprint.

Parrulo said:
kangaroos and kualas are cute, very cute actually, all kinds of deadly snakes, spiders, lizards, sharks, and pretty much every other animal in australia are not :p

i am starting to feel silly for not putting more money on phill for the overall win :eek:

What about wombats, they are not deadly, I don't think so. They are slow and fat.

Where the hell was Tyler, is he lead out for von Hoff :confused:

So when is the first Gorilla v Cav clash due? Could be very tasty.

Thankfully the three guys I have money on for the GC all were in the main pack today - quite encouraging that Velits was up towards the front and finished in the top 20, maybe shows that he's taking it seriously. The proof will be in the pudding tomorrow.

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Greipel - with that type of lead out is unbeatable. His top speed is up there with anybodies, and he only had to come out with 200m to go, and keep going.

By the time Demare, Renshaw and Ponzi really started winding up, the race was over.