• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Tour de France, stage 16: Vaison-la-Romaine - Gap 168Km

Page 29 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
DHammer said:
HAAHA once again. Thats what we call when some portuguese is trying to talk castelhano. Doesn't work.

And btw, i'm NOT in all maners wanting to start a conversion of what kind whatsoever with you. I was just stating that you are wrong with your numbers and stating also your hatred towards Rui Costa.

Please, fell free to put me on your ignore list. I shall do the same.

Believe it or not, I am actually trying to have a conversation with you.

If I'm wrong with my numbers, "stating" it is not the way to prove it. Nor is calling me names, or laughing at me.

I have provided you with sources backing my position. I'm waiting for your sources.

Descender said:

If I'm wrong with my numbers, "stating" it is not the way to prove it. Nor is calling me names, or laughing at me.

I have provided you with sources backing my position. I'm waiting for your sources.

I live where castellano started, Castilla (Castleland) Kingdon
Castellanois the same that spanish, but the real name is castellano, we have in spain another spanish lenguages as well, but just castellano is official in all the country, and we call it spanish. It is a lenguage official as well in most of America, except USA, Canada, Brazil, and some little more countries.

Portuguese is the lenguaje of Portugal, and that countries you said: Brazil, Angola, Mozambiqe,...

Portuguese is not an spanish lenguage.
most of portuguese use to know spanish, but we dont.

In Spain, Galizia and Asturias, has his own lenguage, similar to portuguese, but they are spanish lenguages, nor portuguese...

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Was it me or was Froome unwilling or incapable of following Alberto's attack on the last climb? I mean... he could've taken off and pulled off a Fuente De-sque move.

Descender said:

As I really don't want to continue this, I will PM to you and that's it.

But I'm getting tired of people make a big confusion out of this.
Both Portuguese and Spanish (Castelhano) as well as italian, French and even Romanian language came from Latin. They have some resemblances between them but each one are different from the others.

Despite the fact that some people in Brazilian borders with Paraguai, Bolivia etc may speak a mixture of the languages, that does not make a Brazilian Portugese a language.

And when i tell that in Portugal or Spain no one talks Portuguese-Spanish, believe me please because I live here.
What you might be talking about is that in the north region of Portugal called Minho and in Spain region called Galicia (where they have their own language called Galego (in portuguese)) they have some resemblances between them and mainly the old people and people that live in the country side can talk to each other understanding quite well.

Cheers!

DHammer said:
As I really don't want to continue this, I will PM to you and that's it.

But I'm getting tired of people make a big confusion out of this.
Both Portuguese and Spanish (Castelhano) as well as italian, French and even Romanian language came from Latin. They have some resemblances between them but each one are different from the others.

Despite the fact that some people in Brazilian borders with Paraguai, Bolivia etc may speak a mixture of the languages, that does not make a Brazilian Portugese a language.

And when i tell that in Portugal or Spain no one talks Portuguese-Spanish, believe me please because I live here.
What you might be talking about is that in the north region of Portugal called Minho and in Spain region called Galicia (where they have their own language called Galego (in portuguese)) they have some resemblances between them and mainly the old people and people that live in the country side can talk to each other understanding quite well.

Cheers!

Thanks for telling me completely irrelevant stuff I already know.

What does that have to do with my post or the discussion we were having?