• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

: 2013 Tour de France, stage 19: Bourg-d'Oisans / Le Grand-Bornand, 203.5km

Page 37 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win this

• Breakaway (specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
boladelmundo said:
One more stage and Bertie will keep second, assuming if he can follow Nairo boy though.

If he suffers like he did on Thursday his real fight will be with Purito for third. Btw I think he looked a lot better today, I know the attack were very short and close to the top but he followed Purito and then Nairo easily, he was the only one. Froome suffered his way up an that was it, so I'm holding out hope for going out with a bang (stage win) tomorrow.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Sasquatch said:
You're forgetting Nieve who has outclimbed them on all MTF's thus far. If he recovers well, expect him to be up there tomorrow.

He wasn't able to go with Bakelants today, despite some of you claiming early that he was one of those making the race today. :) He didn't do anything. He'll have a chance tomorrow but he was disappointing today, maybe he is just running on empty now.

I remember in this thread Ryo called me an idiot for saying nothing was going to happen in the stage.

he assured me and anyone who said the stage looked like it would have no gc action, that we knew nothing about cycling and it was going to be a stage for the ages.

He was so sure of this that he promised to admit the error of his ways if the sage did end up with anything less than full on gc action, though assuring us once again that this would not happen.

It did however happen, so, 1 month on, I wonder, did Ryo make his mea culpa yet?

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
The Hitch said:
I remember in this thread Ryo called me an idiot for saying nothing was going to happen in the stage.

he assured me and anyone who said the stage looked like it would have no gc action, that we knew nothing about cycling and it was going to be a stage for the ages.

He was so sure of this that he promised to admit the error of his ways if the sage did end up with anything less than full on gc action, though assuring us once again that this would not happen.

It did however happen, so, 1 month on, I wonder, did Ryo make his mea culpa yet?

Just a shame they had tu put the Semnoz the next day.. obviously then Purito and Quintana were going to wait for that last climb. Had this stage been the last mountain stage, they would have had to attack Contador and Kreuziger earlier...

TRENDING THREADS