• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

: 2013 Tour de France, stage 19: Bourg-d'Oisans / Le Grand-Bornand, 203.5km

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win this

• Breakaway (specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
To those complaining it's boring: **** off and do something else then watch the highlights on TV tonight! Can't imagine why anyone would expect a GC attack fest from the start today, it just doesn't happen like that on this sort of terrain.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
outnumbered said:
To those complaining it's boring: **** off and do something else then watch the highlights on TV tonight! Can't imagine why anyone would expect a GC attack fest from the start today, it just doesn't happen like that on this sort of terrain.

why not? it used to.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Bauer rushed to hopsital after hitting a fence.

BPiFR0iCYAAPZeP_zpsa264a065.jpg

Hope he's okay...

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Cyclope said:
They had a torturous day yesterday and a long day 2moro,, so save some energy and there's 3 more tough climbs.. wait for it.. i bet u'l get ur worth

See you think this is a reason not to attack, I think it is a reason to attack. Sky have proven last year and this, that riding tempo to the last climb and then kicking it up on the last climb is their bread and butter, they also show every classics season that all day high pace is not their forte, so test that. Of course if you are racing for second and have no interest in first, for sure sit in.

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Trust me. Sitting at an airportis 10 times more thrilling than watching this stage. Cav only got dropped halfway through the 2nd hc.

Wasn't Evans being dropped the new measurement of how hard is the pace up the mountains?

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
outnumbered said:

I agree that dudes are incredibly demanding on the forums.

I would point out however, that the only tactic shown to make an impression on Sky is to up the pace early, shed most of their team, and then set to work making Froome/Porte chase everything.

Only Saxo are really interested in actually trying to break Sky though, and they are, understandably, pretty knackered and discouraged.

Even Fat Crazy Bert has to be low on morale atm.

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
cocteau_ireland said:
The cycling news update is abysmal.Can someone quickly contextualise stage to date. Stuck in an airport lounge showing the golf:(

Rolland and Hejedal leading, 12 min to yellow jersey with 160km to go
18 group chase group about 3 minutes behind

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
of course. you know me. but this is the tactis they planned I'm sure of, if they change plans it means their riders have bad legs, with contador possible, with quintana doubtful

still waiting for you to admit you're wrong about Nibali...