• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Tour de France, Stage 2: Bastia - Ajaccio 156Km

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
After yesterday's stage am pretty sure all the top GC will push really hard to stay in the front. Could spoil the party for the Sprinters' Team. Expect Sagan to do well especially considering the climb before the finish. Someone will surely attack big time on that last climb. Not the GC guys but some outsiders for sure...

Expect Sagan to get this one if he is not banged up badly. Doubtfull for Cav on this one though.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Two days of nervous, bumpy roads on Corsica. Yeah, great recovery...

I'm assuming BR is talking about the ITT maybe? He'll still be a factor in the TTT anyways but he won't be 100% certainly.

Expect him in the breakaway.

BN_xi84CYAApGe7.jpg

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Poursuivant said:
Dan martin to attack last climb

Don't be giving a man hope!

Would be absolutely fantastic for Garmin "chaos theory" if they could pull it off.

p.s. and yes, i know it won't happen, "but a man's reach should exceed his grasp. Or what's a heaven for?"

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Is it good news when a quality rider is invalided, yet still races? Totally ludicrous, short term thinking by OPQS.

It's the biggest race of the year, and the whole point of his season, along with the worlds ITT. There's an ocean of time till the ITT.

If he was actually invalided, he wouldn't race. He's injured, not invalided, and he's willing and able, it appears, to go on. I simply don't see the problem. Given yesterday we were looking at a broken clavicle, concussion and god knows what else, the fact that the injuries are actually somewhat less severe is a good thing, no?

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
There will be a massive fight to get into the breakaway today. Ther person who holds the KOM jersey at the end of today could hold it up until the weekend potentially.

In 1983 Pascal Simon was in the YJ when he broke his shoulder blade. He was able to continue for five days but finally had to give up when they hit the Alps. I'm guessing Martin will try to make it to the ITT...

So it looks like we're getting a full TV coverage today? Like in the good old days of the crazy stages in the Alps and Pyrenees...last one I can remember is 2006 when Landis raced like a man possessed towards Morzine ;-)

May 27, 2012
Visit site
The rider will always want/insist on starting, but sometimes a team needs to make decisions that protect their riders...though I wouldn't expect Lefevere to be one of those people who is more concerned with his rider's health versus his desire to win.