• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Tour de France, Stage 2: Bastia - Ajaccio 156Km

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Cannondale will be forced to race quite hard, early in the stage imo if they want Sagan to win. I wouldn't be surprised if a guy like Chavanel breaks away on the final climbs and wins.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
airstream said:
Sky to test honesty of yesterday's Contador words? :)

Maybe:D

Anyway if Sagan is fit (the crash looked pretty bad) I hope that Cannondale will ride as hard as they can through cat3 and cat2 to drop sprinters.It is a good chance for Sagan and Kristoff.
Still I won't be surprised if Cav is there.

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Not a breakaway but I could see one rider maybe getting away on the last climb and hanging on. The usual suspects and any early K.O.M contenders who fancy their chances with any gap theyve made. One could hang on.

Navardauskas I think could figure quite high up, Gilbert may well have a go.

Action shot from yesterday's stage:

315-PIC378880861crop.jpg

Millar turning into a sprinter, part of JV's chaos strategy presumable.

cycladianpirate said:
I hope he takes it nice and easy today. Although whether it's in his nature to do so is another matter...

Tony's dream was to wear yellow.

However, even if he was 100% fit this wouldn't be possible anymore as lots of Omega riders are in front of him in the GC. So no chance Tony can take yellow after the TTT. Therefore i suppose he'll be in the grupetto today. Helping Kittel maybe;)

TRENDING THREADS