• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Tour de France, Stage 2: Bastia - Ajaccio 156Km

Page 24 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Great to see 'Jantje' Bakelants getting his win. The Sporza guys always mention how much bad luck he has, this will shut them up. And really, how much bad luck has he had anyway?

I liked Robofroome's attack, I hope his DSes won't advise him not to do this again (which they probably will). Mollema was surprisingly strong after his near-encounter with a lamp post yesterday.

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Miburo said:
Not only he can do that. Voeckler, rolland, quintana. Just to name 3 are thinking the same and they proved they can do it aswell.

Rolland only proved he can make the stupidest attack of a stage. ...and you are making light of Froome's go.:rolleyes:

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Lance Armstrong said:
He could still fight for Top5, he is a decent sprinter. Certainly better than Kwiatkowski who finished 7th today.

Kwiatek has very good sprint on him, better than Velits, as shown by his 3rd today ;)

May 28, 2012
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Great to see 'Jantje' Bakelants getting his win. The Sporza guys always mention how much bad luck he has, this will shut them up. And really, how much bad luck has he had anyway?

I liked Robofroome's attack, I hope his DSes won't advise him not to do this again (which they probably will). Mollema was surprisingly strong after his near-encounter with a lamp post yesterday.

His bad luck is that he's been overrated as a talent, and that he's always been expected to do well in stage races. He's at his best stage hunting like this, but it still doesn't make him a top rider.

PS: I'm not calling him and Kittel bad riders.(a few pages back) They're all very talented riders, but small differences mean a lot in big races. Of course I don't begrudge their respective victories, that would be sad by me.

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Great stage, good to see someone go out and win the yellow jersey, would have devalued it to see Millar get it on countback when on the same time as 60 plus other riders.

Sagan's team does not look good enough to control stages, could be a real problem for him (it's already cost him one win today after all). Hard to see them getting much assistance on the Sagan friendly stages.

TRENDING THREADS