• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Tour de France, Stage 2: Bastia - Ajaccio 156Km

Page 25 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
bolingbroke said:
Rolland only proved he can make the stupidest attack of a stage. ...and you are making light of Froome's go.:rolleyes:

What has Rolland's attack today to do with the fact that he has the abilities to win a MTF in a break?

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I believe that Froome is a bit over-motivated and that's the reason for today's stupid attack. I really don't think it was something else.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Publicus said:
And apparently you forgot to ask yourself if I cared about your opinion. Cycling forums arent just to try an antagonize fans of a rider you despise. You must lead a lonely life.
Yes, its way easier to criticize at once without rhyme or reason. Being a big expert sure makes life so fertile and not lonely :rolleyes:

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Lance Armstrong said:
Oh, my bad. Velits has no climbing legs anymore, but he can still do well in the sprint. At least as a leadout for Kwiatek :)

Agreed. Velitswould be very useful for that.

But well, OPQS seems to think he will be better used to make sure Cav makes it in time on the stages, not sure whether that's a right or wrong tactic, but if it happend today, it will happen for all remaining stages too very likely.

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Carols said:
He just needed to stretch his legs and be unpredictable. But it is this hubris that will lose him the overall.....maybe....

Come on! If there had been a fall in the bunch behind him, we'd all be going on about how clever he was to put himself out of danger. I get the impression that this is a guy with plenty in his legs. If you can reduce risks without it costing too much, why not do so?

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
cycladianpirate said:
Come on! If there had been a fall in the bunch behind him, we'd all be going on about how clever he was to put himself out of danger. I get the impression that this is a guy with plenty in his legs. If you can reduce risks without it costing too much, why not do so?

So shall we see him riding in front of peloton every stage to prevent falls? :)

cycladianpirate said:

Oh he has plenty in his legs, no dispute there! I don't consider it a stupid move, never said I did.

TRENDING THREADS