• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Tour du Haut Var (16th-17th February)

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Pentacycle said:
Why did he attack then?

For the same reason any team-mate of a GC contender ever gets into the breakaway - to cover the group and hope for a stage win if they drag him to the line.

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Caruut said:
For the same reason any team-mate of a GC contender ever gets into the breakaway - to cover the group and hope for a stage win if they drag him to the line.

With 70 kms to go it's a bit hopeless to think you'll be dragged to the line by Boom only. Oss is riding purely for himself here, he might not get a chance like this for a while. He was clearly cooperating with Boom, Oss is obviously trying to win this himself.

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Pentacycle said:
With 70 kms to go it's a bit hopeless to think you'll be dragged to the line by Boom only. Oss is riding purely for himself here, he might not get a chance like this for a while. He was clearly cooperating with Boom, Oss is obviously trying to win this himself.

Ah, my bad. Stream isn't working for me, thought he was still with the main break.

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
wait so who looks like they're going to win the GC? where are all the decent climbers who are quite high on the GC?
And I think Oss is faster than Fredrigo.

TRENDING THREADS