• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Tour of Beijing, 11th to 15th October (WT)

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dani Sánchez ‏@DaniBici 5m La megafonía del Tour of Beijing pone el tema de ‘Los Siete Magníficos’ de fondo. Supongo que se refieren al número de espectadores en meta.

the music at the finish line is from The Magnificent Seven movie
that's for the number of spectators at the finish

Jun 3, 2009
Visit site
pastronef said:
Dani Sánchez ‏@DaniBici 5m La megafonía del Tour of Beijing pone el tema de ‘Los Siete Magníficos’ de fondo. Supongo que se refieren al número de espectadores en meta.

Who were all probably ring-ins anyway.

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
pastronef said:

Looks like there were quite a few to me.

Mar 26, 2009
www.ciclismo-espresso.com
Small pic, but definitely more than 7.

htcx9z.jpg

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah actually, I don't care if last two years were crappy. If I've got time I'm sure to put on a live stream if I can watch a sprint of Bouhanni, Viviani, Hushovd, Matthews, Petacchi, Mezgec, though not for more than the last 10min.

I'll also be absolutely sure to turn on a 12km climb with Martin, Basso, Gesink etc. participating.

It's not a great race, but it's getting better and worth following a little bit by now, imo.

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
It's a shame the finale is a bit week. Stage looks intresting but the final climb has to much flat before it, so nobodies going to do anything in the rest of the stage which is full of climbs and the last climb in itself is a bit too easy. Probably random break, maybe bunch sprint if they can be bothered. If they race it hard, maybe reduced sprint so Hushovd or Breschel can win or something like that.

But yeah, because of the easier finale probably just a break.

Maaaaaaaarten said:
It's a shame the finale is a bit week. Stage looks intresting but the final climb has to much flat before it, so nobodies going to do anything in the rest of the stage which is full of climbs and the last climb in itself is a bit too easy. Probably random break, maybe bunch sprint if they can be bothered. If they race it hard, maybe reduced sprint so Hushovd or Breschel can win or something like that.

But yeah, because of the easier finale probably just a break.

How does an easier finale give the break a higher chance to succeed? It's quite the opposite, since there's no reason for the sprinter teams to hold back in the final 40k (if their guy is still on board), and they can make up a lot of time there of course.

TRENDING THREADS