• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Tour of Beijing, 11th to 15th October (WT)

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
1 SKY PROCYCLING (SKY) 1561
Christopher FROOME 587
Richie PORTE 327
Sergio Luis HENAO MONTOYA 227
Rigoberto URAN URAN COL 163
Team time trial 2013 World Championships 140
Geraint THOMAS 117

2 MOVISTAR TEAM (MOV) 1443
Alejandro VALVERDE BELMONTE 540
Nairo Alexander QUINTANA ROJAS 366
Rui Alberto FARIA DA COSTA 291
Benat INTXAUSTI ELORRIAGA 90
Javier MORENO BAZAN 86
Team time trial 2013 World Championships 70

147 145 LOPEZ GARCIA David SKY PROCYCLING (SKY) 11

Movistar will win the WT.

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
I think Netserk that you are right.

Team rankings are calculated by adding the ranking points of the top five riders of a team in the table, plus points gained in the World Team Time Trial Championship (WTTT).

1 Team Sky 1561 [Froome (587), Porte (327), Henao (227), Urán (163), Thomas (117) TTT (140)]
2 Movistar Team 1443 [Valverde (540), Quintana (366), Costa (291), Intxausti (90), J. Moreno (86) TTT (70)]

Movistar: Intxausti + 100 and Costa +60 = 160
Sky: Lopez + 70 (but he will be at 81) so no new points for Sky Team

1. Movistar 1603
2. Sky 1561

Decent stage today, but any stage race that's decided by only a single GC relevant stage is a failure in my eyes. Imo the race was actually better last year, when there were 3 GC relevant stages (although only 1 of them provided significant gaps).

maltiv said:
Decent stage today, but any stage race that's decided by only a single GC relevant stage is a failure in my eyes. Imo the race was actually better last year, when there were 3 GC relevant stages (although only 1 of them provided significant gaps).
Yes. A 20 man group enters the final 2 k. Whomever they give a bit of freedom to wins the GC. Not that exciting.

Really nice climb with plenty of attacks and a very surprising winner. I always like it when a great tactical move pays off.

It would have been pretty hilarious though if Martin had caught Intxausti, since Costa towed Martin to Lopez's wheel when Intxausti was already up the road :eek:

Sky's designated leader, Porte, didn't even get to the finish today...with no other explanation than him having bad legs.

Quite extraordinary that they can go into a race having done so little research on the form of their riders...I mean, considering that Porte got dropped by Van Hummel on every stage, you'd think that that kind of **** form would be easily detectable in training. It's not like you won't notice if you suddenly go from pushing 7 w/kg to 4 w/kg :rolleyes:

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Netserk said:
You mean the one with BMC ahead of Sky? :eek:
I think those are the one's he's talking about. Just because you don't like the numbers doesn't mean you get to discredit the numbers, even if you think ranking based on team classification is a bad idea. (feel free to use the latter argument, but not the former)

MatParker117 said:
Boasson Hagen and Froome contributed a lot of points after the tour last year and Wiggins had a big drop off as well.

But they wouldn't have been counting on them to score points after the Tour this year. Clearly what's cost them has been Uran and Henao's failure to pick up points at the Vuelta and Lombardia.

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
According to article on cyclingnews, Lopez' points do count so Sky win ranking. I think the ranking points for just five riders is the hidden rankings for next year where transferring riders count

stefrees said:
According to article on cyclingnews, Lopez' points do count so Sky win ranking. I think the ranking points for just five riders is the hidden rankings for next year where transferring riders count

Cycling news is wrong. It is only the top five riders that count and Movistar have won the World Tour team ranking barring a disaster tomorrow.

Jun 3, 2009
Visit site
stefank said:
Nice scenery, nice finish.

Scenery was really great especially with the light making the mountains glow on the ride back down after the finish (which they would not let me ride closer than 1.5km to).

Great to have a (rare) good air quality day. Today also looks pretty good air quality wise for the final stage.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
search said:
the stage itself wasn't too bad, with one single stage deciding over the overall the race itself was way worse than last year though where we had attacks more or less every day

A one climb race in the end. Nevertheless, lets give Hein some credit. He worked his ******* *** off to get this race going.:D

cocteau_ireland said:
Take it you lost a bet to have that avatar?

Oh yes he did.:p

In the form he's in, I can't help but think what could have been had he not crashed in the worlds.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Another thing I noticed from the stage is Dombrowski and thinking what a waste of season it has been for him.

I can't see much changing in the future. Sky will have more eyes on Edmondson going forward.

I hope he leaves when his contract is up next year. The move just didn't seem right to me from day one.

TRENDING THREADS