• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Tour of Oman (11th-16th February), 2.HC

Page 65 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
webvan said:
Just watched the "Green Mountain" long Eurosport highlights on steephill...nice...and clearly not the same type of racing we had 10 years ago and that took too long to go away completely...no more gunning at the bottom and see you at the top, gotta love that!
I think if you took a February race 10 years ago, the riders would probably struggle more than they did yesterday...

It's funny how people like to see Contador suffering as a sign of clean cycling. In July he'll make those attacks stick.

webvan said:
Yeah I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder but everyone here should be happy that we no longer have to watch and think "this is not normal"...funny to think that the man who really blew that out of proportions had the same comments about others!

:confused: who are you talking about

by the way I'm still thinking "this is not normal" but that's something for a different subforum.

theyoungest said:
I think if you took a February race 10 years ago, the riders would probably struggle more than they did yesterday...

It's funny how people like to see Contador suffering as a sign of clean cycling. In July he'll make those attacks stick.

I don't think Contador was the only one suffering. He just over extended himself. It can happen to anyone.

Vino attacks everyone said:
just saw stage 5 highlights, love how Nibbles and AC talked with each other before they attacked. Good pals ey :p

I love that :D

20130211cy0017_670.jpg

this is also nice

Froome and Alberto chatting and Jesus and Richie chatting. Matti doesn't want to chat with the sky guy next to him I think so he's checking out the scenery :D

Vino attacks everyone said:
Hernandez has been in imense form in OMan

Yea but he was also good last year in la Vuelta. He's improved a lot. First the only reason he was on the tour team was because he's Alberto's BFF but now he's also a good domestique.