• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Tour of Romandie, Stage 4:Marly - Les Diablerets 188.5 Km

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Really dont understand all those comments towards Costa.

He is far better in TT than Valverde, and Valverde is only in this race due to Amador injury, so i guess Costa was always the REAL leader.

Movistar sucked today? Maybe, but where they racing alone with Sky?

It should be no surprise that Froome and Spilak were able to stretch the gap like that, with the way the chase pack was riding. The only riders who ride ambitiously at attacked earlier and were spend, riding the tails of the group. When you're counting on Valverde, or Vandenbrook, or Danielson to chase, you're going to be left disappointed.

More Strides than Rides said:
It should be no surprise that Froome and Spilak were able to stretch the gap like that, with the way the chase pack was riding. The only riders who ride ambitiously at attacked earlier and were spend, riding the tails of the group. When you're counting on Valverde, or Vandenbrook, or Danielson to chase, you're going to be left disappointed.

Porte did his job well and then Froome did the same.

Descender said:
No, I don't think it's an overstatement.

Costa is Luis León reloaded. Very similar in all respects, including an innate aversion to work for others.

Didn't look like that on the stage Valverde won last year in the tour, and this year he already said he will be working again for Valverde. Last sunday he raced for the team attacking from far away so Valverde could save himself and in Pais Vasco he was on the break to wait for a possible attack by quintana which didn't happen because quintana wasn't feeling good.

So saying that he never works for others is complete BS.

And just so i make it clear, i hated the way he raced today and would be sorry at all if he dropped off the podium tomorrow to some1 like keldermen who at least tried today

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
movingtarget said:
I think Rodriguez will be happy to have Spilak with him in the Tour.

Sadly, Spilak organically can not stand heat which make him a rider of the second hundred instantly. He is not very likely to start the Tour.

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
This MTF didn´t bring really new conclusions about the shape of anyone, except Gesink and Basso and some others who did badly.

Froome was probably riding with 80 per cent of his best today.

Spilak likes this weather, likes Romandie, likes this kind of climb.

With Quintana and Contador in the race, it would have been a winning break of Spilak-Froome-Contador-Quintana.

Surprised Betancur didn´t make it to the finish with the two up front.

Tony Martin wanted to end this race on the podium, he said last weekend, so I´m surprised he attacked this early. Podium places 2 and 3 remain unknown, will be exciting tomorrow.

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Kelderman leader of Blanco in the Giro?
Seeing as Gesink can't even climb with the best 60

Kelderman will crash, you know it :eek:

About the once again total failure of the other riders on that team, apparently their altitude training was led by the great Delahaye. That explains everything.

TRENDING THREADS