• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Tour of Romandie, Stage 4:Marly - Les Diablerets 188.5 Km

profile-04.png

Seems like we will really have our queen stage!!! I must say that i really like the design of this stage and hopefully we will get some great racing.

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Definitely for GC contenders.
Valverde , Cunego, Gasparotto (if he hangs on) to take it on the line, Froome, VDB, Betancur, Kišerlovski, Talansky, Pinot, Rolland, Porte?, Gesink, Kruijswijk, Brajkovič, Kreuziger, Anton to be in the group.
Worth watching.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Come on Rolland! He's been attacking all week, now make this attack the one that counts. Also would like to see Talansky do well here. Although I suspect we will have Sky-train up the entire climb before Froome rides away in the final km's.

Parrulo said:
I think valverde will take this one. Even if froome and/or Porte manage to drop him on the climb he should still be able to close a 30 second difference on them on the descent imo.

30 second is too much in 8 km descent.
Froome is better than his rivals imo, but he will face in front Valverde, Rui Costa, Kiserlowski, Pinot, Rolland,...in good form, so it not going to be easy...
Valverde is better with good weather conditions.
Anyway he just need to take some little time to Tony Martin and keep the others wheel with the help of Porte... and that way sound not so difficult.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
screaming fist said:
I don't see Froome ride away, he'll need someone to guide him down the descend to the finish.

Woops, stupid me, completely spaced it was a descent finish. :eek:
Regardless,it wouldn't surprise me to much to see Froome do like Porte did in his Pais Vasco stage win.

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Where's the best place to stream this live in the UK? Do Sporza have it? Don't care what language the commentary is in.

I usually rely on Eurosport but obviously they aren't showing it and I won't be giving any money to Sky.

TRENDING THREADS