• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Vuelta a España, Stage 18: Burgos-Peña Cabarga (186.5 km)

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
roundabout said:
Watch out for Scarponi in Firenze. Not great yet, but the form seems to be improving

Ture this. Italy will have a few weapons it seems.

Vino attacks everyone said:
Me love some grandpa action :p

Honestly though. Nibali, get it togheter man, you can't loose this..:eek:

He had to win it today. Now there's no chance unless he pulls a tricky move tomorrow, which I doubt. He's gonna get smashed on Angliru.

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
patrick767 said:
That could be a very crucial 3 seconds. Horner has to drop Nibali in yet another stage, so the pressure is on him. If all Nibali does is wheel suck, he wins. What a great race!
there will bonifications at top of angliru still

absolutely stunning happy for kiry and especially beloved papy!!!!!!!!!!!

pena cabarga does it again, brutal performance by the top guys and action galore

horner destroys pena cabarga record

http://climbing-records.blogspot.ro/2013/09/marvelous-chris-horner-new-record.html

katusha gewiss attack threw me away from the chair...shiiit looking forward to naranco

vuelta again for me the best grand tour of the year....3 years in a row now..

go papy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Kwibus said:
It's just like Cobo and Froome and you kept on watching after those wins.

No no Cobo Yes, CF had illness. I believe him more than some 42 yr old who as never top 5 in a GT I mean seriously, what is more believable a CF who turns great at a very and I repeat very normal age or C.Horner who well I mean seriously he should have pushed his luck with his inj he would have won the TDF, how can you compare the time says it all 35 seconds faster than Froome was

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
brilleaben said:
Cancellara's abandon is the only reason Horner is not in red. What a great teammate...

canc abandon had nothing to do with the result. saxo and katusha were already ahead where his influence would have made a difference.

Also, I don't understand how guys can write off nibbles. Today was a day that he could play defensively. in the next two stages he now knows the time gap needed; and he can plan his race accordingly.

Despite all the noise made, jrod, valv, nib and roche were seperated by just 5 sec, and horner only made 25 sec to nib. GC battle today was hyped up too much.

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
That ridiculous invented 6 seconds given because Valverde and Nibali were in front will bite in the end.

If the race was organized somewhere else than Spain or Italy than Horner would be in leaders jersey.

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
EnacheV said:
That ridiculous invented 6 seconds given because Valverde and Nibali were in front will bite in the end.

If the race was organized somewhere else than Spain or Italy than Horner would be in leaders jersey.

we have clinic to deal with one of the problems of the sport. it looks like one more section will have to be started to deal with the likely cause for the 6 sec issue.

sorry mod for bordering on inappropriateness

So Horner 16'43" vs Froome's 16'58" (same time for Thibaut Pinot !) according to Eurosport ? It was certainly a "smoother" climb. Very, very impressive ! Barring any accidents the Vuelta is his. Nibali will probably try to bluff (possibly attack) in the Angliru but it's going to be carnage!

Eshnar said:
ok everyone, now look at this very closely:

This is the PRR section.

It doesn't make sense any more to have the clinic separately.
Join it with this subforum and save us from trouble.

I'm not sure what would be more appropriate for today's stage:
:confused:, :mad:, :rolleyes: or :(

TRENDING THREADS