• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Vuelta a España, Stage 20: Avilés→Alto de L´Angliru (142 Km)

Page 25 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who wins Angliru?

• Breakaway

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
TANK91 said:
WTF, you sure about that. Nibali was nearly rider of the day no one expected him to do that I don't care who says they did they are lying.

He as been gradually getting worst and worst and then does the ride of a life he ad Horner in trouble dude, if he dint attack he would have probably been fine remember he went early and Horner did not chase straight away.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but it could have been different story today, Horner never cracked Nibali, Nibali cracked himself.:D

Right on, Nibs turned himself inside out. Horner just feasted at the table.

Moose McKnuckles said:
Nibali has cracked Horner!
Not really, nope
Miburo said:
Damn, Horner ain't cracking, he's playing around lol

Hilarious :eek:
Good eye, I saw the same

Red Rick said:
Noooooooooooooooooooooo
Sorry. I actually like this. Horner lol
Netserk said:
Nibali CRACKS :(
Predictable
Cyivel said:
Nibalis cracked
Yep, that's what I thought
Bavarianrider said:
Nibali cracked [smileys]
You don't have to be so happy about it. He tried everything, it was a heroic effort, but predictable he would crack tho.

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Frosty said:
Euskaltel keep the team jerseys. If Astana had let Tiralongo stay out front rather than drop back to chat to Nibali then they could have taken the lead/.

That was all the carrots wanted. a 9-man team farewell at the end of the vuelta.

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
roundabout said:
He probably has to thank Moreno for his time

moreno really set the pace very high in the beginning of the climb.

then nibali had forced up the pace.

If those stupid kids were not throwing their bodies when horner attacked, then we might have seen the duo break the 43 mark.

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
velascoabuela said:
Oh My! What a battle!! So happy for Nico Roche...he survived.

and that was all he had to do to maintain status quo.

I just hope that saxo wont ask him to ride the next tour, and let him focus on the vuelta.

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Descender said:
Hindsight is a wonderful thing, isn't it?

I felt very bad to see nibali suffer.

why the eff was fugslang not coming back to up the pace when nibali attacked? tiralongo, who was ahead of fugslang, came back to fetch him.

And when the 2 astana riders had joined nibbles, why were they not setting pace in the front?

Though I am happy to see the 41 yr old win, i think astana tactics lost them the podium position, both in team classification and overall.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Epic. No other word for today. What a fantastic race this has been, SO much more exciting and fun to watch than the Tour. A great victory for us old men.:D

updated the top 50...but i got to check who was dropped on cordal descent.,...pozzovivo maybe pinot, i know there were quite a few but not the big gunz

http://climbing-records.blogspot.com/2013/09/new-angliru-top-50-champions-set-great.html
1. 2000: 41:55 Roberto Heras 18.32 km/h
2. 2013: 43:06 Chris Horner 17.82 km/h
3. 2008: 43:12 Alberto Contador 17.78 km/h
4. 2000: 43:24 Pavel Tonkov 17.70 km/h
5. 2000: 43:24 Roberto Laiseka 17.70 km/h
6. 2013: 43:34 Alejandro Valverde 17.63 km/h
7. 2013: 43:34 Vincenzo Nibali 17.63 km/h
8. 2008: 43:54 Alejandro Valverde 17.49 km/h
9. 2002: 43:55 Roberto Heras 17.49 km/h
10. 2011: 43:57 Juan Jose Cobo 17.47 km/h

i think this battle was fantastic, one of the best i've ever seen. and horner won it which is great for me. now i really hope he stays healthy and upright and he definitely can beat froome next year

TRENDING THREADS