WTF, you sure about that. Nibali was nearly rider of the day no one expected him to do that I don't care who says they did they are lying.
He as been gradually getting worst and worst and then does the ride of a life he ad Horner in trouble dude, if he dint attack he would have probably been fine remember he went early and Horner did not chase straight away.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing but it could have been different story today, Horner never cracked Nibali, Nibali cracked himself.
Huge respect to Nibali for his efforts. People criticising him are no doubt the same who hate Valverde and Purito for not attacking. Big effort from Valv to hold it together when he looked done and dusted.
updated the top 50...but i got to check who was dropped on cordal descent.,...pozzovivo maybe pinot, i know there were quite a few but not the big gunz
1. 2000: 41:55 Roberto Heras 18.32 km/h
2. 2013: 43:06 Chris Horner 17.82 km/h
3. 2008: 43:12 Alberto Contador 17.78 km/h
4. 2000: 43:24 Pavel Tonkov 17.70 km/h
5. 2000: 43:24 Roberto Laiseka 17.70 km/h
6. 2013: 43:34 Alejandro Valverde 17.63 km/h
7. 2013: 43:34 Vincenzo Nibali 17.63 km/h
8. 2008: 43:54 Alejandro Valverde 17.49 km/h
9. 2002: 43:55 Roberto Heras 17.49 km/h
10. 2011: 43:57 Juan Jose Cobo 17.47 km/h
i think this battle was fantastic, one of the best i've ever seen. and horner won it which is great for me. now i really hope he stays healthy and upright and he definitely can beat froome next year