• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 » Tour de Slovénie (2.1) 19.06- 22.06

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Francesco Manuel Bongiorno celebrates his first win:

635389706944837754_ana_dirka_po_sloveniji_3_dan_088.jpg

Waterloo Sunrise said:
Yates 4th.

Orica tweet was wrong

Pos.RiderTeamEuTPntTime
1 BONGIORNO Francesco ManuelBardiani - CSF 16205:09:17
2 MACHADO TiagoTeam NetApp – Endura11120:01
3 ZAKARIN IlnurRusVelo670:07
4 RABOTTINI MatteoNeri Sottoli550:29
5 YATES SimonOrica GreenEDGE440:41
6 SELLA EmanueleAndroni Giocattoli - Venezuela23,,
7 KOREN KristijanCannondale 2,,
8 CARUSO DamianoCannondale 10:44
9 PAGANI AngeloBardiani - CSF ,,
10 LIETAER EliotTopsport Vlaanderen – Baloise0:56

Hugo87 said:
Yes, but I don't understand your remark.

Machado won't win a sprint stage, so he will probably will win the GC.

Pretty sure he's just joking about the fact that Tiago often finishes top 10 but never actually wins anything so he could still find a way to screw it up. In fact, I think the only race he's won at the WT level is a TT 4 years ago.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Machado to beat Costa at TDF :D
Now you cursed Tiago! That sort of curse is stronger than the rainbow jersey curse :D
jaylew said:
Pretty sure he's just joking about the fact that Tiago often finishes top 10 but never actually wins anything so he could still find a way to screw it up. In fact, I think the only race he's won at the WT level is a TT 4 years ago.
It wasn't WT level though :p

So, I'm struggling to see how Tiago will screw this one.... I'm sure he won't disappoint me!

[I'm actually quite happy for him, I never really liked his riding style (to little brains) but he certainly is much better than all the jokes made him look like. And he's also a nice guy so hats off to him.]

And it's also nice to see Buongiorno getting a win after what I considered a poor Giro from him.

Great day: Chavez wins, Gilbert wins, Tiago almost wins and Formolo/Figueiredo are awesome!

Stage 4
1 48 ITA19890207 VIVIANI Elia CAN - CANNONDALLE 3 24'15''
2 155 ROU19920904 GROSU Eduard* VFN - VINNI FANTINI NIPPO - `` -
3 24 AUS19901026 MATTHEWS Michael OGE - ORICA GREEN EDGE - `` -
4 122 SLO19800808 BOŽIČ Borut SLO - REPREZENTANCA SLOVENIJE - `
5 95 BEL19900419 VAN ASBROECK Tom TSV - TOP SPORT VLAANDERN BALLOISE

Eduard Grosu is impressive

BqvaeuSIQAAhvat.jpg:large