• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Bayernrundfahrt. 27.05.-1.06.

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I'd love to see this race come back in prestige to the top level again. Of all the countries in Europe, Germany is really missing a big race. It has the money, it has the people. The Tour of Britain is doing very well in this regard.

(Although German speakers are generally incredibly cynical about cycling still, probably what's holding It back).

The beautiful Marcel Kittel to bring cycling back to ze Germans?

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Nah, Kittel and Degen are not good enough in that respect.

I think they really need a GC contender to truly get it back in media.

Herklotz seems to be the man.

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
It's a fair point. Not many people follow road cycling in Austria, but they know who Bernard Kohl is (which probably doesn't help the whole credibility thing).

Zoidl the new hope!

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Thomas pretending that he's surprised with his win. :rolleyes:

I begin to believe that König might be prepared for Tour de France. And hope that Barta will reach for stage win there, finally. That would be awesome for the guy. Very humble and honest and hard working (especially on his TT :))

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Kokoso said:
Thomas pretending that he's surprised with his win. :rolleyes:

I begin to believe that König might be prepared for Tour de France. And hope that Barta will reach for stage win there, finally. That would be awesome for the guy. Very humble and honest and hard working (especially on his TT :))

I think Konig will make top10 in Tour.Hopefully he wont lose anything on cobbles (but they've got decent team for it).Maybe if he will risk a stage could be possible too.His Vuelta performance was brave and impressive!

Glocknerkoenig said:
I'd love to see this race come back in prestige to the top level again. Of all the countries in Europe, Germany is really missing a big race. It has the money, it has the people. The Tour of Britain is doing very well in this regard.

(Although German speakers are generally incredibly cynical about cycling still, probably what's holding It back).

The beautiful Marcel Kittel to bring cycling back to ze Germans?

The Bayern Rundfahrt would probably be close to most people's #1 in a list of races that do the absolute worst job of utilizing the terrain available.

And while it would be good to see Germany back into cycling, I absolutely hope that Marcel Kittel isn't the way they do it, because there are already too many crappy sprints on the German calendar in its current form, let alone if they start rebuilding it.

ILovecycling said:
I think Konig will make top10 in Tour.Hopefully he wont lose anything on cobbles (but they've got decent team for it).Maybe if he will risk a stage could be possible too.His Vuelta performance was brave and impressive!

It's very important for them that he stays healthy after for all intents and purposes missing the first third of the season due to injury. Machado has stepped up well as replacement leader, but isn't a top 10 contender at the Tour. At the moment it looks like Konig got over his problems just in time to achieve his best form.

Meanwhile, Bennett continues to impress. Presumably Net App have a two year contract with him as he is a first year neo-pro. A nice bit of business for them as we can assume they are paying him a fraction of his current market value. The 2 year contract rule for neo pros exists to make sure new riders get a proper chance, but in the relatively rare circumstance where a new guy is straight away at a high level, it favours the team.

So, the question is, do a skin suit and aero overshoes help you to win a sprint????

BpDTZYvCYAIRKQB.jpg:large

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
ILovecycling said:

It was, one has to wonder what he could if not for illness during the Vuelta.

Good race for Netapp overall, they sweeped complete podium - only on separate days :) Team manager was little bit disappointed after TT with Lion's performance as they hoped he could stay on podium or even get another step or two up there. But he isn't 100% yet.
Anyway Frank was impressive on queen stage and so was Thomas. Pinot little bit disappointing, once again.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
ILovecycling said:
I'm biase towards Czech and Slovakian riders, but his performance on his first GT was definitely somethin what deserves appreciation. If he was French, Dutch and so on, there would be much more rumbling on the forum. Maybe it's better this way - hiding in Bayern Rundfahrt thread than ambush podium in TdF ;) (just joking)

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Kokoso said:
I'm biase towards Czech and Slovakian riders, but his performance on his first GT was definitely somethin what deserves appreciation. If he was French, Dutch and so on, there would be much more rumbling on the forum. Maybe it's better this way - hiding in Bayern Rundfahrt thread than ambush podium in TdF ;) (just joking)

or colombian:DI understand you,but dont worry if he will prove himself and attack! in Dauphine he will get enough hype before Tour:cool::D

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
ILovecycling said:
or colombian:DI understand you,but dont worry if he will prove himself and attack! in Dauphine he will get enough hype before Tour:cool::D

I'm not biased towards Colombian cyclists (although I don't like that there is no testing there in Colombia which makes trips to train there...you know what I mean).

TRENDING THREADS