• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Giro D'Italia, stage 1: Belfast › Belfast, 21.7 km (TTT)

Page 24 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who wins?

• Cannondale

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
SKSemtex said:
So I opened the question in the pub a nd mistery is solved. :D Cykling is pure individual sport as running is.
If we disolve tommorow all teams and we have only 200 individuels in the peloton we still can have a race. And results will be probably the same. The ones who are the best climbers and tters in the same time will be on the top of the list again.

But if some decide to cooperate they'll have advatage and their leader will win the race ;)

De Gendt no form? Working for Uran? I know but we'll see. He maybe doesn't have to work too much (he was mainly selected for the TTT and for tougher stages), and he maybe can build some form. Hey, I am allowed to have some hope, no? ;)
(and missing a turn after 4/5ths of the circuit and not able to catch the fastest team (OPQS) after the second split is not a shame! He is still top 25).