• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Milan-San Remo, Mar 23rd (294 Km)

Page 29 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win?

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Eyeballs Out said:
I don't know if I'd say it was boring. It's fun watching sprinters and GT riders closely matched at the end of a big race. Just that they were a bit too closely matched

Unfortunately they'll use this edition to justify making the route much harder next year so that the sprinters might as well stay at home

I haven't followed the buildup that closely, so apologies for the following question, why was Le Manie not raced this year?

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
As always MSR shows waaaay more action than Fleche Wallon has ever done.
I am mostly bored with this new generation of cycling fans, I'm afraid.
Please go watch NHL or NBA; or whatever sport people watch who need some crazy action every 10 seconds. Or at least stop complaining here after a good afternoon of racing.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Sagan just showed he doesn't have it in the biggest races, not yet.

Kristoff could be a surprise in Flanders and Roubaix to, why not a podium place?

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Buffalo Soldier said:
As always MSR shows waaaay more action than Fleche Wallon has ever done.
I am mostly bored with this new generation of cycling fans, I'm afraid.
Please go watch NHL or NBA; or whatever sport people watch who need some crazy action every 10 seconds. Or at least stop complaining here after a good afternoon of racing.

I liked this MSR, i think a lot of people are disappointed about the race attitude of guys like Cancellara and Sagan. I think it has more to do with the bad weather and the distance.

FW is just a race for the explosive guys. You can't expect more from that race.

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Kristoff has everything to be this generation Freire, though to beat in a sprint after a long and though race.

Epic Colbrelli, still able to get a top 10 even after the attack:D

Arredondo said:
Sagan just showed he doesn't have it in the biggest races, not yet.

Kristoff could be a surprise in Flanders and Roubaix to, why not a podium place?

That's a stretch. It won't be teammates and helpers attacking on the climbs in Flanders or the stones in Roubaix. It'll be Boonen, Sagan, and Fabs.

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Lexman said:
Cancellara nor Sagan attacking what a crap, didn't they learn their lesson last year???

Can't attack if you don't have the legs. Sagan at least clearly had nothing left and Cancellara almost gambled correctly, so you can't blame him for not attacking.

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Very entertaining race in tough conditions. Some here, i will never get, what do they expect? Someone soloing 200+ km to San Remo and winning with 10 min to 2nd?

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
Arredondo said:
I liked this MSR, i think a lot of people are disappointed about the race attitude of guys like Cancellara and Sagan. I think it has more to do with the bad weather and the distance.

FW is just a race for the explosive guys. You can't expect more from that race.
I know, I like FW; as I like MSR or all of the other classics.

If we're playing the game of making ridiculous sweeping generalizations to mock people who disagree with us, I'll just say damn all these clueless new fans with no ability for critical thought who will gladly swallow any crap they're fed and they will like it. Every race is AWESOME and EPIC.

TRENDING THREADS