• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Milan-San Remo, Mar 23rd (294 Km)

Page 30 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win?

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
roundabout said:
I haven't followed the buildup that closely, so apologies for the following question, why was Le Manie not raced this year?

They inserted a new climb (Pompeiana) between Cipressa and Poggio but then couldn't race it because the weather had taken a toll on the road condition. Likely to be in next year. Originally some sprinters were skipping MSR until the new climb was dropped

Fabu: I was feeling well before the Poggio and then I had to play the lottery. Attack on the hill, on the descent, on the flat or wait for the sprint? I decided to wait for the sprint cause I'm tired of towing riders to the finish and then they stick it up my *** (not the correct translation probably, Italian m'inculano).

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
TourOfSardinia said:
Hope the course gets more hill next year - this was mostly a yawn fest for me.

Nibs did an exhibition and that was it really until the last km.

Congrats Kristoff & Luca P.
Pity for Spartacus, again.

Why has a course to be more hilly? There are enough races for that kind of riders. MSR is just a race where the question is: can a sprinter win, or a rouleur/climber? That's enough for me, i like it.

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Netserk said:
He has more than enough monument wins and podiums. 2nd place should be meaningless to him by now.

This 2nd place might be the key to him winning PR tho, because it means his team car will be much further to the front.

Red Rick said:
I'm really wondering what could have happened if Nibali had attacked on the Poggio
He couldn't have attacked on the Poggio. That's why he went early, to see if maybe they gave him some leeway... and they did.

SafeBet said:
Fabu: I was feeling well before the Poggio and then I had to play the lottery. Attack on the hill, on the descent, on the flat or wait for the sprint? I decided to wait for the sprint cause I'm tired of towing riders to the finish and then they stick it up my *** (not the correct translation probably, Italian m'inculano).
Smart thinking. Although the result is the same ;)

SafeBet said:

Flashback to Roubaix 2011...

Netserk said:
He had almost gambled correctly if he was as close as in '11. He wasn't. He was never ever going to win the bunch sprint. Never.
He come from way back. Made a mistake by going left and not following Kristoff, otherwise he might have won.

May 4, 2013
Visit site
the asian said:
Would be brought back easily.

He made the correct choice to attack on the cipressa. It was his only realistic chance.

I got to see his fearless descending skill on wet roads is still good, which made my day; But I did not expect Sagan or Cavendish or any of the favorites to
win, so, not disappointed in the race. There are ways it could be more interesting (pompeiana) and endings that would have been worse, imo. Enjoyed streaming this race.

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Cav lost out because he took the turn sitting behind Modolo(of all ppl)

he was way too left. and lost out by a fair margin.

things would have been totally different if cav was on the other side. even following cancellara would hav given him victory.

smart sprint by Kristoff.

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
TourOfSardinia said:
Nibs did an exhibition and that was it really until the last km.
Between Nibali's attack and last km
-His great descent of course
-The Nibali chase, at a certain moment he got almost a full minute ahead
-Enter the poggio!
-Nibali caught
-Rast attack (Canc lieutenant!)
-That one Italian attacks (forgot his name)
-Most disappointing part: no big names follow
-Well, Gilbert tries, at least
-But in the meantime, it is never boring, it is always really exciting to see who can hang on, who gets dropped.
-For example: Greipel gets dropped, is able to catch up again during descent, but gets dropped again just after
-Attack GVA
-Everything (group of 20) together
-WTF, final k already :eek:

This is how I underwent the final of this race. I am sorry if it was boring for you, but I definitely liked it.

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
great race

I think it was a very exciting msr. Sagan and canc didn't have the power to attack or to sprint and kristoff is just outclassing the elite once again in sprints after a long day racing. He shows a class and skills to be fighting for world championschips and olimpics the next 10 years. The world next year in USA he is my big favourite.

TRENDING THREADS