• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Tour de France July 18, Stage 13: Saint-Étienne - Chamrousse 197.5km

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
jens_attacks said:
the word is that valverde prepares to peak like an angel. might be the alpes,might be the pyrenees. but he will get better and now the weather is perfect for him. i think in this stage he will follow nibali and sprint for the win.
it will be very interesting how hard will they ride over palaquit. i also expect papy and purito to be up there
Do you think Valverde will pull a Cobo?

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Porte to ride off into the distance and just as he's about to win, from behind a grassy knoll an unknown gunman ends Porte's bid.

I think Astana will ride defensively just to control. On the last climb there's a small group remaining. I can't see anybody attacking. In the last 4 kms, bored, Nibali will ride away followed by Valverde and Porte. With 2 Ks to go, Nibali will attack again getting rid of Richie. Valverde wheelsucks to the finish and wins the sprint.

Homer pick of the day: Majka ftw from a breakaway that will also contain Rogers ;)

I think he will attack either today or tommorow, but I think tommorow we might see multiple teams fancy their chances (or maybe Astana pushing on descent?) and it will be between GC guys for the win

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Jspear said:
Who can drop him? He's the best climber left in this race. :p

lose at least 50 seconds to Nibali. And he does not like heat, prefer wet and cold. And the best climber has not won a single uphill stage, are u high?

Breakaway for the win, unless a GC contender really wants to attack, but I don't see who. Nibali doesn't need to, Porte just wants to podium, Valverde is Valverde and the Frenchies are probably quite happy where they are now. I don't see anyone controlling everything to attack Nibali in the end. Nibali will only attack when he feels he's never getting dropped himself.

Any weather forecasts for tomorrow? Might be a big factor, as the weather previous mountain stages may have been very beneficial for Lo Squalo

etape_13.gif

Very hot and close to no wind.

I'm going with Purito. He will be off on an adventure for mountain points. I can't see Astana wanting this, Nibs can let a few go while keeping the people he needs to under control. Two races, one for the stage and further down the mountain one for the GC. Nibs will win the GC one :)

TRENDING THREADS