• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Tour de France July 18, Stage 13: Saint-Étienne - Chamrousse 197.5km

Page 41 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
glassmoon said:
Fvck Majka, what a tool

Konig showed his annoyance too. What a d-bag, he did even less work than Valverde, and steals 2nd. Stupid, hope Majka gets dropped. What was the point of that? Oh well, thankfully it was not for the win, or else I would have been really ****ed. Majka is an idiot, and I'll never root for that jerk.:mad:

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
go crazy said:
Konig showed his annoyance too. What a d-bag, he did even less work than Valverde, and steals 2nd. Stupid, hope Majka gets dropped. What was the point of that? Oh well, thankfully it was not for the win, or else I would have been really ****ed. Majka is an idiot, and I'll never root for that jerk.:mad:

Agreed. I hope somebody does the same to him.

TANK91 said:
Just 2 riders in top 10 that were top 10 last year, also a completely new podium.

Mollema and Valverde right?

Well. Pinot is back and improved from 2012. Same goes for Van Garderen. They both just had an off year last year.
Bardet is up and coming. Not so surprised.
Peraud has been stronger than expecter, or maybe Mollema and Van den Broeck weaker then expected. Costa was an unknown as leader and has been ill. Rodrigez no GC. Froome and Contador out.. Kreuziger no start..Fuglsang fallen but already worse than last year. Who remains? Talansky...also out..Quintana didn't start either.

Basically, the field has been completely different, and from those remain they either fell out, or didn't have great form

May 19, 2011
Visit site
18-Valve. (pithy) said:
A full bottle doesn't just fall out of a bottle cage.

maybe after drinking it, he did not put it back properly, or it jut slip out his hands like AC slipped his handlebar. It is just an accident.

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Netserk said:
Better hope for a heat wave in the Pyrenees too then.

He is in a weird place on GC where it's hard to say if he'll be allowed to go on the attack. If the other guys towards the back end of the GC let him go for a long one though, you never know how far he could climb up the leaderboard. It's getting to be that time in the race; at this point last year, Daniel Navarro and Andrew Talansky were well out of it and were therefore allowed to pick up big chunks of time in the breakaway, ultimately landing in the Top 10.

Unlikely that Konig advances too far up the GC ladder, but who knows.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
go crazy said:
why should he worked with Konig?:eek:
Konig was going for places in GC,Majka obvious stage win with no GC threat,Konig would have pulled alone anyway.

Seldom been as disgusted in a rider than Majka today.

1st he didn't help König in their breakaway for a second, ONLY wheelsucked.

Then he eliminated the chance of König being able to negotiate the stage win for help to Nibali by continuing of being a useless a*****e.

And then he sprinted for 2nd!!!

Boy, that young Pole sure made an enemy (or maybe two).

Valverde was pretty irritating too, but at least he ALSO showed effort & aggression. It wasn't pretty, but he probably saw today that fighting Nibbles is a futile task and saw Pinot as serious podium competitor. Not nice behaviour, but somewhat excusable. At least in comparison to Pinot.

Then Porte???!!!

Two things came to mind :

A) He always bonks once... Done again.

B) Are Skybots just SO powermeter-trained that they can't handle big variations in tempo.
FdJ absolutely killed it for the last kilometres before the ascent.... Lot of guys went out early before real attacks. Was it just that hard of an approach that it messed up Porte (and few lesser names too)?

Still on Porte :

At some rather late point of final ascent they showed Yury Trofimov catching&passing Nieve/Froome (Geraint Thomas hadn't yet returned). Trofimov is not a real mountain goat, but would put 3!!! minutes to Porte.

And John Gadret who came to almost full stop after finishing his pull would also beat Porte by two minutes....

Pretty crazy!

About AG2R-teamwork (or lack of it) : it seems they are serious about winning team competition and almost did it today... Belkin stilll got a chance, but having riders riding for themselves in mountains work very well for team honors. This was not only Peraud, but also Gastauer today.

When team honors have been secured you may see Peraud sacrifice for Bardet - not before I guess.

TRENDING THREADS