• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Tour de France July 23, Stage 17: Saint-Gaudens - Saint-Lary-Soulan Pla d'Adet 1

Page 28 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win stage 17?

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Cance > TheRest said:
Judging from his performance on stage 13, 14 and today, I think he's one of the top 3-5 climbers, but also partly because the Tour has become a race for the 2nd tier GC riders with the absence of AC and Froome

Yeah, in this Tour? Definetely. i would rate Nibali, Pinot and Peraud in front of him. Outside of this race there is maybe 3-4 more that would be ahead of him so top 10 in the world. Not the worst TT rider either. I am kind of curious how he will do in stage 20 after having stage 19 to recover and no need to further save energy

Lucky fingers..:rolleyes:

Tour%20de%20France

Rollthedice said:
Same here. I can't tell Contador fanboys and fangirls from Froome fanboys since the Tour started.

The Contador fanboys I can live with, they're harmless other than Publicus.

The Nibali and Froome fanboys on the other hand, have crossed the threshold where they're indistinguishable from parodies. If I wanted to parody you guys I'd act exactly as you're acting.

Great stage.

Short multi mountain stage in the 3rd week is the way to go imo. Very explosive action pretty much from km zero. Ok, perhaps a team should have tried a bit harder on the 2nd climb when Astana was down to very few resources. But perhaps nobody was strong enough.

Congrats to Majka with another fine win. Happy he kept the Polka dot too.

Nibali still bossing everybody while being on a Sunday ride.

The Frenchies battle is one of the better I've seen.

Please find a way to drop Valverde before the ITT.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
jaylew said:
Not me. I've been a Valverde fan for over a decade. That overrides GGT Game interests. Still, I guess it's a win-win for me to a certain extent.

I do think he'll wind up third after Peraud.

I don't think AV is that bad compared with Peraud in ITT. He could still hang on his second place. And there is one more MTF stage tomorrow.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
jaylew said:
Not me. I've been a Valverde fan for over a decade. That overrides GGT Game interests. Still, I guess it's a win-win for me to a certain extent.

I do think he'll wind up third after Peraud.

OK. I did never like him, especially how he reacted after/to his ban.

I may ask ya @ all again; is Peraud a (far) better TTler than Valv?
Thx in advance... :)

GuyIncognito said:
The Contador fanboys I can live with, they're harmless other than Publicus.

The Nibali and Froome fanboys on the other hand, have crossed the threshold where they're indistinguishable from parodies. If I wanted to parody you guys I'd act exactly as you're acting.

You jumped from your seat when I responded to somebody who claimed Nibali couldn't drop Peraud with a joke. From here to your response it's a long way. I won't continue this argument. Peace brother.

maxmartin said:
I don't think AV is that bad compared with Peraud in ITT. He could still hang on his second place. And there is one more MTF stage tomorrow.
He could but I think he's going to lose more time tomorrow and his form is going down while Peraud's is going up which will influence the TT.
GuyIncognito said:
He can have Valverde fan conventions all by himself, I'm sure
Valverde has a huge fanbase. Actually, I think he's received the 2nd most fan letters at this year's tour as well as in 2013.

Tashkent Terror said:
It's fun watching Hinault passing the CL cuddly Lion to the Podium Girl, I always get the impression it's a slight on his inner macho.

dos equis missed the boat when they didn't hire him as the most interesting man in the world spokesman - Take that Michelob Ultra !

phanatic said:
Majka barely even tried for that. Best climber in the race by a mile.

No doubt that Majka and Saxo Tinkoff deserves the polka dots.. by fare better climber then Rodriguez, so the "Polka-jersey" is where it needs to be..

But Majka vs. Nibali straight out, I consider Nibali would come out on top if you try to speculate amongst these two...

TRENDING THREADS