• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Tour de France, Stage 10: Mulhouse > La Planche des Belles Filles 161.5 Km

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
SafeBet said:
Is OPQS trying something with Martin e Kwia?

I don't get what though lol I mean they'll never get away far and eventually teams will chase them down cause kwiat is a danger for top 10. Way too far.

But whatever it's exciting

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Contador isn't bad in it either. Didn't he say he preferred it? I know last year Contador fans were praying for storms all TDF. He's won some big races in Italy over the years where the weather is always bad.

Oh Contador is fine in bad weather, it's just that Nibali's best rides often happen in ****ty weather conditions :D

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Contador isn't bad in it either. Didn't he say he preferred it? I know last year Contador fans were praying for storms all TDF. He's won some big races in Italy over the years where the weather is always bad.

They're both good at it, Contador and Nibali both proven to be excellent at it. We were praying it last year cause of the TA stage that happened that year lol

Samson said:
But it's always him who's allowed to. In Dauphinee and same thing in tour.

It is not to be allowed, ot to have that powerfull, he is the third man of the tream, Fulgsang must have to that attacks of the final climb, and others riders must stay close to Nibali and work at the begining, Westra is the man for get a breakaway like this, strong, but no so powerfull in the climbs as Fulgsang.

We are going to see a VERY GOOD STAGE TODAY :cool:

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Miburo said:
They're both good at it, Contador and Nibali both proven to be excellent at it. We were praying it last year cause of the TA stage that happened that year lol

Contador is fine in bad weather but he did get whipped by Nibali last year in TA in cold and rain. Also the cold (after his own statement) prevented him from attacking JRod in the Basque Tour on the hardest stage.

Contador is fine in bad weather, Nibali is a beast in bad weather.

However, the forecasts suggest that it will clear up by the time the riders reach the finish area